Event ID 1202 SceCli

G

I am getting Event ID 1202 SceCli every 5 minutes from 2 of my 3 DCs
Looking through the various support sites and newsgroups these errors are commonly associated with 1000 errors. I am not getting any of these errors, just purely the 1202 error
We did have a fault with FRS service on all the DCs which I thought might be causing this error but this has been rectified and the problem still persists
In the winlogon file I am getting the following access denied error for the domain controller security polic

----Configure General Service Settings..
Configure FSMA
Configure F-Secure Network Request Broker
Configure F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter
Configure Eventlog
Warning 5: Access is denied
Error opening Eventlog
Warning 5: Access is denied
Error opening Eventlog

General Service configuration completed with error

The event log policy setting has not been set, but I have now configured it to start automatically and with "everyone" the "full control" permission
I will then get the 1704 information entry in the app log and all will be OK for approx 12 hours then the 1202 errors will appear again
If I just open the DC security policy when getting the 1202 errors I will then get the 1704 as if everything is OK until 12 hours later and the errors will appear agai

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated

J

Jerold Schulman

I am getting Event ID 1202 SceCli every 5 minutes from 2 of my 3 DCs.
Looking through the various support sites and newsgroups these errors are commonly associated with 1000 errors. I am not getting any of these errors, just purely the 1202 error.
We did have a fault with FRS service on all the DCs which I thought might be causing this error but this has been rectified and the problem still persists.
In the winlogon file I am getting the following access denied error for the domain controller security policy

----Configure General Service Settings...
Configure FSMA.
Configure F-Secure Network Request Broker.
Configure F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter.
Configure Eventlog.
Warning 5: Access is denied.
Error opening Eventlog.
Warning 5: Access is denied.
Error opening Eventlog.

General Service configuration completed with error.

The event log policy setting has not been set, but I have now configured it to start automatically and with "everyone" the "full control" permission.
I will then get the 1704 information entry in the app log and all will be OK for approx 12 hours then the 1202 errors will appear again.
If I just open the DC security policy when getting the 1202 errors I will then get the 1704 as if everything is OK until 12 hours later and the errors will appear again

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated

See http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=324383 Troubleshooting SCECLI 1202 Events

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Ask a Question