From: "Ken" <[email protected]>
Subject: Event ID 1010--Perflib
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:41:47 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

Hi,

I have an error in the Application Log of the Event Viewer
of my Windows 2000 Server SP4 that appears every two hours
and it is as follows:
Source-Perflib
Event ID-1010
service in the DLL "C:\Winnt\system32\perfctrs.dll"
generated an exception or returned an invalid status.
Performance data returned by counter DLL will not be
returned in Perf Data Block. Exception or Status Code
returned is a Data DWORD 0.

Does any have any ideas??
Thanks
---

Ken,

Take a look at the following article to see if it helps.

819716 - TCP/IP Performance Counters May Not Appear in Performance Monitor
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];819716

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.