Windows XP Event 5719 Netlogon error

Reaction score
I rencently started a new job as a network admin. The last admin did not leave on good terms. I was not left with passwords to many things. I was not left with the password to one of the servers. The server is a dell running server 03. I tried to by pass the security to gain access but was unable to. In the end I reinstalled the OS. Now in the event viewer of that server and my main server I am getting an event 5719 error

"This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain ALASKA0 due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO

If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain."

I am new to this feild, and I am the only person who takes care of all the networking within my company. So I am learning asgo. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question