    gone? The file is in the regedit screen. i have deleted
    that file as well. still no luck.
    sondra

    sondra, Jul 16, 2005

  2. sondra

    Engel Guest

    Open Microsoft AntiSpyware and send a suspected spyware
    report from the Tools Menu.

    For maximum effectiveness, proceed as follows:

    Update your Microsoft Antispyware definitions. Is your
    antivirus application also up to date?

    Restart the machine in safe mode and Login as Administrator

    Empty your IE cache and your other temporary file folders,
    eg: c:\temp, c:\windows\temp or C:\Documents and
    Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Temp (the path to your temp
    folder will change depending on your name) - sometimes
    programmes can be hidden in there - watch out for
    mysterious *.exe files or *.dll files in those folders.

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    Open Internet Explorer
    Select Tools > Internet Options
    In the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete
    Files button
    Check Delete all offline content, and then click OK

    Go to IE Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files
    {Settings Button}, View Objects, Downloaded Program Files.
    Check for unrecognised objects there.

    Do a full, deep scan with Microsoft Antispyware (and,
    ideally, your antivirus as well) Is your antivirus
    application also up tÂș date?

    wupdater.exe file information

    The process Updater Application belongs to the software
    Updater Application by unknown.

    of "C:\Program Files\Common Files" (mainly C:\Program
    Files\Common files\updater\). The file size on Windows XP
    is 61440 bytes.

    There is no information about the maker of the file. The
    program is loaded during the Windows boot process (see
    Registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    n\Run,
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    n\Explorer\User Shell Folders). File wupdater.exe is not a
    Windows system file. The program is not visible. Program
    listens for or sends data on open ports to LAN or
    Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 6%
    dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

    External information from Paul Collins:
    "updater" definitely not required. eUniverse KeenValue
    parasite related
    Important: Some malware can camouflage themselves as
    wupdater.exe, particularly if they are located in
    c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the
    wupdater.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

    Good luck

    Engel

    Engel, Jul 16, 2005

  3. sondra

    D@annyBoy Guest

    run MSAS in safe mode

    While sipping a glass of wine, I read that sondra wrote in

    D@annyBoy, Jul 16, 2005