Establishing Drop Down List in Forms Design View

G

Hi

First-up, I'm using Access 2000

I have created a table and then I've gone to manipulate its format in Form Design View. Whilst in form view, I noted that the fields that I have created as drop down lists have "#Name?" in them but when I get back to design view they appear to have the correct field name in them for the table those fields are meant to look at

Any ideas

My objective is to get users to click on a field in form view and pick from a selection of data that is already in another table linked to the main table

Regard
Glenn

G

Dear Glenn

A combo box will contain any piece of text that you wish to type in the Control Source Field. However, if that piece of text isn't a valid field name from a table or query, then you will get the #name? reference when running the form. If I had to make a guess from way over here, I'd say that either
A) the name you put in the field doesn't exist in the table(or query) on which the form is based. OR
B) There's a misspelling someplace

Bob Sulliva

----- Glenn wrote: ----

Hi

First-up, I'm using Access 2000

I have created a table and then I've gone to manipulate its format in Form Design View. Whilst in form view, I noted that the fields that I have created as drop down lists have "#Name?" in them but when I get back to design view they appear to have the correct field name in them for the table those fields are meant to look at

Any ideas

My objective is to get users to click on a field in form view and pick from a selection of data that is already in another table linked to the main table

Regard
Glenn

Ask a Question