Error using POOM with VB.NET

Discussion in 'Microsoft Dot NET Compact Framework' started by Kwan, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Kwan

    Kwan Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to play around with POOM using VB.net whereby I
    encountered an error during debugging

    FYI,
    I am using InTheHand.PocketOutlook.dll as my POOM wrapper to access
    Pocket Outlook information

    I did the necessary stuffs like adding reference, importing and
    declaration

    However the problem comes when i did the following

    Dim l_poom as New Outlook.Application

    When i tried to debug my application, debugger stops at the above
    point with error stated below

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occured
    in InTheHand.PocketOutlook.dll

    Any ideas ?

    Kwan, Jul 22, 2004

  2. I'm betting you need to deploy an unmanaged DLL to the device as well.

    -Chris

    Chris Tacke, eMVP, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Kwan

    Kwan Guest

    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the reply, but maybe i am a newbie in .NET coz' i am more
    of a powerbuilder guy.

    Can u teach me what is unmanaged dll ?
    And how can i deploy it to my device ?

    Thanks