Error on running PerfFormattedData queries

C

Christopher Attard

Hi, I'm trying to run the following WQL using WMIC from command prompt:

wmic PATH Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process GET IDProcess,VirtualBytes,WorkingSet

and it's returning something like:

ERROR = 0x80041010

Description = Invalid class

Facility = WMI

instead of the values requested. Sometimes it returns also "Description = Provider Failure".

I'm using a WinXP machine with SP1 and .NET framework 1.1 installed. Do you think there might be something wrong in the WMI repository? I've also tried the query from a script and returns the same error.

Regards,

Christopher Attard

W

Willy Denoyette [MVP]

You can run wbemtest to see if the class exists.
If not, you should try to run wmiadp.exe from %windir%\system32\wbem in order to restore the high performance counters in the repository.

Also note that this is not related to CSharp, you should post to a WMI NG.

Willy.

wmic PATH Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process GET IDProcess,VirtualBytes,WorkingSet

ERROR = 0x80041010

Facility = WMI

instead of the values requested. Sometimes it returns also "Description = Provider Failure".

I'm using a WinXP machine with SP1 and .NET framework 1.1 installed. Do you think there might be something wrong in the WMI repository? I've also tried the query from a script and returns the same error.

Regards,

Christopher Attard

C

Christopher Attard

I've tried it out but I'm still having the sam problem

Chris
If not, you should try to run wmiadp.exe from %windir%\system32\wbem in order to restore the high performance counters in the repository.

Willy.

ERROR = 0x80041010

Facility = WMI

Regards,

Christopher Attard

W

Willy Denoyette [MVP]

Did you check the presence of the Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process class using wbemtest.exe?

If they are missing you should try to run "wmiadap /f"

or, "winmgmt /clearadap"

Willy.

Chris

Willy.

ERROR = 0x80041010

Facility = WMI

Regards,

Christopher Attard

C

Christopher Attard

Using wbemtest.exe, it is being listed as a child class of Win32_PerfFormattedData. But when trying to enumerate the instances of Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process an Error dialog pops up (number=0x80041010,description=invalid class). I've also tried out running "wmiadap /f" and winmgmt /clearadap" but it was all in vain.

Note that this error's behaviour is completely random, sometimes it is raised and sometimes the query works perfectly.
Did you check the presence of the Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfProc_Process class using wbemtest.exe?

If they are missing you should try to run "wmiadap /f"

or, "winmgmt /clearadap"

Willy.

Chris

Willy.

ERROR = 0x80041010

Facility = WMI

Regards,

Christopher Attard

Ask a Question