Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS

Nancy

I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core Laptop
OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 - Ver 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
1 GB Memory

I got the Blue Screen with the following msg:

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS

If this is the first time you've seen this STOP error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make
sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a NEW Installation,
ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might
need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
remove any newly installed hardware. Disable BIOS Memory options such as
caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable
components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup
Options, and select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550, 0X000000d62, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact
your System Administrator or Technical Support Group for further assistance.

Then I have to turn off the machine and re-start. Doesn't happen again for
awhile but it does it again.

Since this is a new machine and I'm the administrator who doesn't know what
I'm doing yet. Any help

would be appreciated. Just upgraded with new machine from Win 98SE where I
was pretty secure of

course. Now I feel like an idiot again. Thanks in advance for the
help...........Nancy

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Regarding questions related to Windows Media Center Edition please, we
invite you to post to the public newsgroup for peer experience and
recommendations.

You may leverage the peer assistance in the public newsgroups at:
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

You can find these newsgroups by connecting your news reader to
Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more information, see:

Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:53:25 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core Laptop
| OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 - Ver 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
| 1 GB Memory
|
| I got the Blue Screen with the following msg:
|
| A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage
| to your computer.
|

| MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
|

| If this is the first time you've seen this STOP error screen, restart
your
| computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to
make
| sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a NEW
Installation,
| ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you
might
| need.
|

| If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
| remove any newly installed hardware. Disable BIOS Memory options such as
| caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable
| components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup
| Options, and select Safe Mode.
|

| Technical Information:
|
| *** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550, 0X000000d62, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
|

| Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.
Contact
| your System Administrator or Technical Support Group for further
assistance.

| Then I have to turn off the machine and re-start. Doesn't happen again
for
| awhile but it does it again.
|
| Since this is a new machine and I'm the administrator who doesn't know
what
| I'm doing yet. Any help
|
| would be appreciated. Just upgraded with new machine from Win 98SE where
| was pretty secure of
|
| course. Now I feel like an idiot again. Thanks in advance for the
| help...........Nancy

Nancy

Thanks for the info Ken. I wasn't sure which group to use. I didn't think
Media, it's on my read list, since this didn't seem to be Media related.
When you actually have MS Win Pro w/Meida Edition, not sure where
to post. There doesn't seem to be a Win Pro group. Would be nice
to have one to learn more about the Administrator function. Where would
I post regard this subject if I need help there too.
Nancy

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hello Nancy,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Regarding questions related to Windows Media Center Edition please, we
invite you to post to the public newsgroup for peer experience and
recommendations.

You may leverage the peer assistance in the public newsgroups at:
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

You can find these newsgroups by connecting your news reader to
Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more information, see:

Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.

--------------------
| From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:53:25 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core Laptop
| OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 - Ver 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
| 1 GB Memory
|
| I got the Blue Screen with the following msg:
|
| A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage
| to your computer.
|

| MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
|

| If this is the first time you've seen this STOP error screen, restart
your
| computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to
make
| sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a NEW
Installation,
| ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you
might
| need.
|

| If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
| remove any newly installed hardware. Disable BIOS Memory options such
as
| caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable
| components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup
| Options, and select Safe Mode.
|

| Technical Information:
|
| *** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550, 0X000000d62, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
|

| Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.
Contact
| your System Administrator or Technical Support Group for further
assistance.

| Then I have to turn off the machine and re-start. Doesn't happen again
for
| awhile but it does it again.
|
| Since this is a new machine and I'm the administrator who doesn't know
what
| I'm doing yet. Any help
|
| would be appreciated. Just upgraded with new machine from Win 98SE
where
| was pretty secure of
|
| course. Now I feel like an idiot again. Thanks in advance for the
| help...........Nancy

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply!

If you are not clear which OS you are using, you may use the steps to check:
1. Click Start\Run and type msinfo32
2. In System Summary, you will see which OS that you are using.

If you are using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, I still recommend
you post in the public newsgroups at: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

I believe more other peers will provide you with some useful suggestions or
advices.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:07:50 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| Thanks for the info Ken. I wasn't sure which group to use. I didn't
think
| Media, it's on my read list, since this didn't seem to be Media related.
| When you actually have MS Win Pro w/Meida Edition, not sure where
| to post. There doesn't seem to be a Win Pro group. Would be nice
| to have one to learn more about the Administrator function. Where would
| I post regard this subject if I need help there too.
| Nancy
|
| | > Hello Nancy,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > Regarding questions related to Windows Media Center Edition please, we
| > invite you to post to the public newsgroup for peer experience and
| > recommendations.
| >
| > You may leverage the peer assistance in the public newsgroups at:
| > microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
| >
| > You can find these newsgroups by connecting your news reader to
| > Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more information, see:
| >
| > Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164
| >
| > I appreciate your cooperation and understanding!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| > | Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:53:25 -0400
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| > |
| > | I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core Laptop
| > | OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 - Ver 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
| > | 1 GB Memory
| > |
| > | I got the Blue Screen with the following msg:
| > |
| > | A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows has been shut down to prevent
| > damage
| > | to your computer.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If this is the first time you've seen this STOP error screen, restart
| > your
| > | computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to
| > make
| > | sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a NEW
| > Installation,
| > | ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you
| > might
| > | need.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or
| > | remove any newly installed hardware. Disable BIOS Memory options
such
| > as
| > | caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or
disable
| > | components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup
| > | Options, and select Safe Mode.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Technical Information:
| > |
| > | *** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550, 0X000000d62, 0X00000000,
0X00000000)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.
| > Contact
| > | your System Administrator or Technical Support Group for further
| > assistance.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Then I have to turn off the machine and re-start. Doesn't happen
again
| > for
| > | awhile but it does it again.
| > |
| > | Since this is a new machine and I'm the administrator who doesn't know
| > what
| > | I'm doing yet. Any help
| > |
| > | would be appreciated. Just upgraded with new machine from Win 98SE
| > where
| > | was pretty secure of
| > |
| > | course. Now I feel like an idiot again. Thanks in advance for the
| > | help...........Nancy
| > |
| > |
| > |

Hello

I have the same problem, the same blue screen appearing from time to time,
but it's a Dell Inspiron 6400 DUO, with windows xp professional sp2, and i
couldn't find yet an answer for this problem, it appears from time to time
and i couldn't find a relation between an operation and crash moment.

Also need help please!!!

Doru

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply!

If you are not clear which OS you are using, you may use the steps to check:
1. Click Start\Run and type msinfo32
2. In System Summary, you will see which OS that you are using.

If you are using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, I still recommend
you post in the public newsgroups at: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

I believe more other peers will provide you with some useful suggestions or
advices.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:07:50 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| Thanks for the info Ken. I wasn't sure which group to use. I didn't
think
| Media, it's on my read list, since this didn't seem to be Media related.
| When you actually have MS Win Pro w/Meida Edition, not sure where
| to post. There doesn't seem to be a Win Pro group. Would be nice
| to have one to learn more about the Administrator function. Where would
| I post regard this subject if I need help there too.
| Nancy
|
| | > Hello Nancy,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > Regarding questions related to Windows Media Center Edition please, we
| > invite you to post to the public newsgroup for peer experience and
| > recommendations.
| >
| > You may leverage the peer assistance in the public newsgroups at:
| > microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
| >
| > You can find these newsgroups by connecting your news reader to
| > Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more information, see:
| >
| > Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164
| >
| > I appreciate your cooperation and understanding!
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| > | Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:53:25 -0400
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| > |
| > | I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core Laptop
| > | OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 - Ver 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
| > | 1 GB Memory
| > |
| > | I got the Blue Screen with the following msg:
| > |
| > | A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows has been shut down to prevent
| > damage
| > | to your computer.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If this is the first time you've seen this STOP error screen, restart
| > your
| > | computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to
| > make
| > | sure any new hardware is properly installed. If this is a NEW
| > Installation,
| > | ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you
| > might
| > | need.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or
| > | remove any newly installed hardware. Disable BIOS Memory options
such
| > as
| > | caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or
disable
| > | components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup
| > | Options, and select Safe Mode.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Technical Information:
| > |
| > | *** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550, 0X000000d62, 0X00000000,
0X00000000)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.
| > Contact
| > | your System Administrator or Technical Support Group for further
| > assistance.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Then I have to turn off the machine and re-start. Doesn't happen
again
| > for
| > | awhile but it does it again.
| > |
| > | Since this is a new machine and I'm the administrator who doesn't know
| > what
| > | I'm doing yet. Any help
| > |
| > | would be appreciated. Just upgraded with new machine from Win 98SE
| > where
| > | was pretty secure of
| > |
| > | course. Now I feel like an idiot again. Thanks in advance for the
| > | help...........Nancy
| > |
| > |
| > |

Bubey

I gave up and sent my laptop back to Dell for a
replacement. When I buy a "NEW"
one I expect it to be in "PERFECT" condition when
I start using it. You might try
to see if they'll replace it for you.

message

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply!

If you are not clear which OS you are using, you
may use the steps to check:
1. Click Start\Run and type msinfo32
2. In System Summary, you will see which OS that
you are using.

If you are using Windows XP Media Center Edition
2005, I still recommend
you post in the public newsgroups at:
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

I believe more other peers will provide you with
some useful suggestions or
advices.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

When responding to posts, please "Reply to
Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
| From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE
REQUESTS
| Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:07:50 -0400
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

| Thanks for the info Ken. I wasn't sure which
group to use. I didn't
think
| Media, it's on my read list, since this didn't
seem to be Media related.
| When you actually have MS Win Pro w/Meida
Edition, not sure where
| to post. There doesn't seem to be a Win Pro
group. Would be nice
| to have one to learn more about the
Administrator function. Where would
| I post regard this subject if I need help
there too.
| Nancy
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]""
| | > Hello Nancy,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > Regarding questions related to Windows Media
Center Edition please, we
| > invite you to post to the public newsgroup
for peer experience and
| > recommendations.
| >
| > You may leverage the peer assistance in the
public newsgroups at:
| > microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter
| >
| > You can find these newsgroups by connecting
your news reader to
| > Publicnews.Microsoft.com. For more
information, see:

| > Q171164 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook
Express for Internet News
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164
| >
| > I appreciate your cooperation and
understanding!

| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to
Group" via your newsreader so
| > that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

| > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE
REQUESTS
| > | Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:53:25 -0400
| > | Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:644283
| > |
| > | I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core
Laptop
| > | OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 -
Ver 5.1.2600 SP2 Build 2600
| > | 1 GB Memory
| > |
| > | I got the Blue Screen with the following
msg:
| > |
| > | A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows
has been shut down to prevent
| > damage
| > | to your computer.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If this is the first time you've seen this
STOP error screen, restart
| > your
| > | computer. If this screen appears again,
follow these steps: Check to
| > make
| > | sure any new hardware is properly
installed. If this is a NEW
| > Installation,
| > | ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you
| > might
| > | need.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If problem continues, disable or remove
any newly installed hardware
or
| > | remove any newly installed hardware.
Disable BIOS Memory options
such
| > as
| > | caching or shadowing. If you need to use
Safe Mode to remove or
disable
| > | components, restart your computer, press
F8 to select Advance Startup
| > | Options, and select Safe Mode.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Technical Information:
| > |
| > | *** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550,
0X000000d62, 0X00000000,
0X00000000)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
| > Contact
| > | your System Administrator or Technical
Support Group for further
| > assistance.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Then I have to turn off the machine and
re-start. Doesn't happen
again
| > for
| > | awhile but it does it again.
| > |
| > | Since this is a new machine and I'm the
administrator who doesn't know
| > what
| > | I'm doing yet. Any help
| > |
| > | would be appreciated. Just upgraded with
new machine from Win 98SE
| > where
| > | was pretty secure of
| > |
| > | course. Now I feel like an idiot again.
Thanks in advance for the
| > | help...........Nancy
| > |
| > |
| > |

Bubey

I sent my laptop back but the new isn't any
better.
So watch for it on e-Bay. Maybe someone who
knows Dell's will have better luck with it. I'm
going
back to trust old IBM brand !

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support

| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to
Group" via your newsreader so
| > that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

| > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Nancy" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Error Msg: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE
REQUESTS
| > | Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:53:25 -0400
| > | Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:644283
| > |
| > | I have a new Dell Inspiron 1505 Dual Core
Laptop
| > | OS: MS Win XP Pro / Media Edition 2005 -
| > |
| > | I got the Blue Screen with the following
msg:
| > |
| > | A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND Windows
has been shut down to prevent
| > damage
| > | to your computer.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE REQUESTS
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If this is the first time you've seen this
STOP error screen, restart
| > your
| > | computer. If this screen appears again,
follow these steps: Check to
| > make
| > | sure any new hardware is properly
installed. If this is a NEW
| > Installation,
| > | ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you
| > might
| > | need.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | If problem continues, disable or remove
any newly installed hardware
or
| > | remove any newly installed hardware.
Disable BIOS Memory options
such
| > as
| > | caching or shadowing. If you need to use
Safe Mode to remove or
disable
| > | components, restart your computer, press
F8 to select Advance Startup
| > | Options, and select Safe Mode.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Technical Information:
| > |
| > | *** STOP: 0X00000044 (0X84cb6550,
0X000000d62, 0X00000000,
0X00000000)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
| > Contact
| > | your System Administrator or Technical
Support Group for further
| > assistance.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | Then I have to turn off the machine and
re-start. Doesn't happen
again
| > for
| > | awhile but it does it again.
| > |
| > | Since this is a new machine and I'm the
administrator who doesn't know
| > what
| > | I'm doing yet. Any help
| > |
| > | would be appreciated. Just upgraded with
new machine from Win 98SE
| > where
| > | was pretty secure of
| > |