Windows XP Error Code: F4D41436

Reaction score
Howdy

I am getting the old 'the tv out port of your display card is not working properly.' I have tried downloading the 'NVIDIA' drivers and I still cannot play a copyright protected DVD. I have an Acer 3680 that I have just reformated from Vista back to XP so that may be part of the problem. I checked in the Properties - Settings off the Desktop and do not see a video card description next to Display: (Default Monitor) on _______. These are all things I read in some of the posts on this site and others, Anyways just looking for the solution. Thanks for your help.

Joe 'The Acer Eraser then Waster' Coffey

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Your 'problem' is incorrect video drivers.

I thought that particular Acer had an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator ... :)

Acer have no clue as to what Vista requires ... to even use Vista Basic on that laptop specs just proves to me that they are plain stupid, and, ripping off customers.

Welcome to the forums. ;)

Reaction score
The F4D41436 error has been beaten!

MuckShifter

As you said it was the wrong video driver. I reformatted Vista back to Windows 2000/XP and had the wrong video driver version.

I right clicked on My Computer, Manage, Device Manager, maximized Display Adapters and there were exclamation marks on both of the Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family. I doubleclicked on the first one, clicked the Driver tab and noticed that the driver version was something like 7.14.10.1111. This is the latest Intel(R) 945GM driver for Vista. It had to be changed to the previous driver used for Windows 2000/XP. I used this link to figure out everything I just wrote. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/cs-011363.htm?iid=search.

Based on that link it said that the Windows 2000/XP driver should be a number something like 6.14.10.4670. I googled that and came up with this link. http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-66055.html.
I downloaded the q2vdo25us13.exe (Intel video driver for Windows 2000 and XP) and the instructions to install it. I didn't read the instructions the first time and only did half of the installation process.....so they may help. I restarted and everything was working fine. Thanks for your help muckshifter. May your muck always shift straight and true. And to you kids out there looking to kill the old F4D41436.... simply phone the number at the bottom of your screen.

Joe Coffey

Ask a Question