Error 800706BA with Clustering Service on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition

G

I try to set up Cluster Service on Windows 2000 Server Enterprise Edition. However, after I set up the first node, when I want to add second node, the problem exist, it show "800706BA AC_ERROR_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE" "Could not connect to the server. Verify that the server exists, that it is part of an Application Center cluster, that it has correct network and DNS settings, and that the credentials supplied have administrative privileges on the server."

But I can not find any infomation on KB about how to solve that? Why that happen? How can I made it work?

G

Have you made your cluster service user a local
administrator on your 2nd node? Can you ping the 2nd node
from the 1st node by FQDN?

-----Original Message-----
I try to set up Cluster Service on Windows 2000 Server
Enterprise Edition. However, after I set up the first
node, when I want to add second node, the problem exist,
it show "800706BA AC_ERROR_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE" "Could not
connect to the server. Verify that the server exists, that
it is part of an Application Center cluster, that it has
correct network and DNS settings, and that the credentials
supplied have administrative privileges on the server."
But I can not find any infomation on KB about how to
solve that? Why that happen? How can I made it work?

G

Yes, I have try to make my cluster service user as local administrator on 2nd node, is it necessary?
And I can not ping from 2nd node to 1st node when using the computer name or IP. (The public one can not, the private can).
By the way, what is FQDN?

Ask a Question