Error 1608

G

I recently bought a computer that didn't have the microsoft office package on it (I bought that later "Office 2003" and loaded it onto the hard drive). I already had microsoft frontpage (2002 version) on my old computer. I loaded frontpage onto my new computer, but when I try to start it, the computer says "I don't have a qualifying product on my computer" - isn't that what the Office package is? How can I resolve this so that I can use frontpage? Any help you can give would be terrific.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Office is not a qualifying product for FP
- unless it was one of the special versions that included FP

Find your qualifying product CD, for the version of FP you had before FP 2002, and insert it when asked for a product location

--

| I recently bought a computer that didn't have the microsoft office package on it (I bought that later "Office 2003" and loaded it
onto the hard drive). I already had microsoft frontpage (2002 version) on my old computer. I loaded frontpage onto my new
computer, but when I try to start it, the computer says "I don't have a qualifying product on my computer" - isn't that what the
Office package is? How can I resolve this so that I can use frontpage? Any help you can give would be terrific.

J

JL Amerson

It sunds like you have an upgrade version of FrontPage instead of a full
version. It's looking for a previous version of FrontPage installed on your
computer. What was on the first comouter when you bought it? You're going to
have to do some homework and find the original version of FrontPage, install
that and then you can install FP 2002.

whats the deal said:
I recently bought a computer that didn't have the microsoft office package
on it (I bought that later "Office 2003" and loaded it onto the hard drive).
I already had microsoft frontpage (2002 version) on my old computer. I
loaded frontpage onto my new computer, but when I try to start it, the
computer says "I don't have a qualifying product on my computer" - isn't
that what the Office package is? How can I resolve this so that I can use
frontpage? Any help you can give would be terrific.

Ask a Question