    try to run the program I keep on getting the message that
    critical error (error 103) has been encountered. Who can
    help me to solve this problem?

    G.T.Koning, Jan 14, 2005

  2. One user has reported that the solution to this error on his machines was
    setting more inclusive permissions on the folders below \program files\.

    One question would be how those permissions became restricted in the first
    place, of course.

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 15, 2005

  3. G.T.Koning

    Mark Guest

    So, how would one change these "permissions" in XP Home?

    Mark, Jan 20, 2005
  4. I'm afraid I don't know.

    One thing you might try is restarting in Safe mode, and logging in as
    "administrator", and then doing control panel, add or remove programs,
    microsoft antispyware, change...update (or is it update, change)--anyway,
    the choice other than uninstall.

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 20, 2005