be better off asking your question in the Beta newsgroups, specifically one
that's related to Outlook.

G

Douglas J. Steele said:
If you're using Outlook 12 legitimately, then you must be on the Beta. You'd
be better off asking your question in the Beta newsgroups, specifically one
that's related to Outlook.

Reaction score
I just fixed that problem. My e-mail outgoing server was mail.pacbell.net, it has been that for many years. I switched to the new SBC Yahoo server, smtp.pacbell.yahoo.com. That did the trick. Apparently the old PacBell servers are not compatible with Office Beta. You may have a similar problem with your SMTP server.
I hope at&t is not messing things up in the future, since SBC and AT&T merged recently.
Hope this helps.
Btw: If you want to buy a house in California, let me know :)

Reaction score
SSL 2.0 not enabled by default for Internet Explorer 7

I had the same issue with an Outlook 2007 client and internet explorer 7.0.

I had to go in to I.E. and the tools properties - > Advanced .... look for SSL options and check the box that says "Use SSL 2.0". Defaults are TLS and SSL 3.0.

In addition within the Oultook client make sure to set to "Auto" on the "more settings" button and then go to -> Advanced tab -> Outbound mail encryption drop down (the options are SSL, TLS, None, Auto).

This all happened because my email server requires SSL and does not support version 3.0 which IE 7 will use exclusively without the change above.

Ask a Question