    or 25 and 110. Please help me figure of the issue.
    --
    thank you, megan

    Guest, Mar 15, 2005

    Peter Foldes Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302339&sd=RMVP

    --
    Peter

    Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.

    Peter Foldes, Mar 15, 2005

    I found that yesterday. The only problems are that I don't h aveoutlook
    express nor do I use MSN e-mail. So what can I do next?

    Guest, Mar 15, 2005
  4. levymegan <> wrote:

    > I found that yesterday. The only problems are that I don't h
    > aveoutlook express nor do I use MSN e-mail. So what can I do next?

    The concepts still apply. Try authenticating to your outgoing server.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Mar 15, 2005

    Ok - I must be an idiot because it is not working. I already had the
    outgoing server authenticated. Do I need to change the server information
    like in the resolution given by microsoft? If I don't everything is as
    described.

    Guest, Mar 16, 2005
  6. levymegan <> wrote:

    > Ok - I must be an idiot because it is not working. I already had the
    > outgoing server authenticated. Do I need to change the server
    > information like in the resolution given by microsoft? If I don't
    > everything is as described.

    Make sure you're not scanning incoming and outgoing mail with a virus
    scanner. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the AV without the option
    to make it truly stop. Enable logging in Outlook and post the OPMLog.log
    file here.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Mar 16, 2005

    It worked. Thank you.

    Guest, Mar 16, 2005
  8. levymegan <> wrote:

    > It worked. Thank you.

    That's great.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Mar 16, 2005

    ksb

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Having the same problem. Can send email using a separate webmail client but Outlook Express under Windows XP is not working, giving me this error. Any ideas?

    ksb, Aug 4, 2011

    ksb

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    oh never mind figured it out. wrong SMTP server. DSL through ATT requires me to use their SMTP server, not my own.

    ksb, Aug 4, 2011