lines
on the 'cleaning and print' mode, even after 8 cleanings. I put in a new
cartridge, but
the problem persists. Is there something else that needs to be cleaned that the
Epson
cleaning program doesn't address?

The cleaning mode really sucks up the ink. My 8 repetitions indicated that half
the
ink in my refilled cartridges was used up by that operation.

Sherwin D.

A

Arthur Entlich

It is rarely good value to do more than 3-4 cleanings maximum. As you
stated it wastes a heck of a lot of ink, for little to no benefit.

If you email me at the address shown below, I will gladly send you a
manual I have written with procedures for resolving more head clogs for
Epson printers.

Ask for the Epson Cleaning Manual. Indicate the printer you are using.
There is no charge for the manual and you will neither be solicited or
spammed or will I suggest any proprietary products.

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art

S

sherwindu

Finally got an email reply from Epson Customer Support (after 3 days), and it read
like a piece of boiler plate, warning me not to use third party ink The last piece
of
advice they gave me was that if the clean cycles didn't work, send the printer in
for
repair. Right now, I have only one color giving proplems. I have ordered a
cleaning
cartridge from Atlantic Ink, and that hopefully will cure the problem. Thanks for
the
helpful replies.

Sherwin D.

M

measekite

sherwindu wrote:

Finally got an email reply from Epson Customer Support (after 3 days), and it read like a piece of boiler plate, warning me not to use third party ink

That is what they should do.  The want you to get the best quality with the longest longevity and they do not want you to clog the printhead.  Additionally, they want to make money on the ink which is high in price and they do not want to spend warranty dollars for a problem that was not their responsibility.

The last piece of advice they gave me was that if the clean cycles didn't work, send the printer in for repair.

I think you should send it to the ink relabeler and have them fix it under warranty.

Right now, I have only one color giving proplems. I have ordered a cleaning cartridge from Atlantic Ink, and that hopefully will cure the problem. Thanks for the helpful replies. Sherwin D. sherwindu wrote:

I recently refilled my cartridges, something I have done dozens of times. I have the Epson RX500 with 6 color cartridges. One color kept coming out with broken lines on the 'cleaning and print' mode, even after 8 cleanings. I put in a new cartridge, but the problem persists. Is there something else that needs to be cleaned that the Epson cleaning program doesn't address? The cleaning mode really sucks up the ink. My 8 repetitions indicated that half the ink in my refilled cartridges was used up by that operation. Sherwin D.

Ask a Question