    part of the body of the email.

    Without the ability to format the Notes body correctly,
    the application is useless...Can anyone help?

    cmw, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Access needs a carriage return (Chr$(13)) and a line feed (Chr$(10)), in
    that order. When you say you've "tried intercepting the CRLF", exactly how
    were you doing this (and exactly what were you checking for for CRLF)?

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele

    Douglas J. Steele, Oct 11, 2003

  3. cmw

    cmw Guest

    I created a form with several text
    boxes, "To", "cc", "NoteText", etc. When the user clicks
    the "Send" command button, I read the text boxes, into a
    string variable (I tried just dimming the variable without
    declaring it as a string, but the results are the same).

    1. create a Notes document:
    set doc = ndb.CreateDocument()

    2. Fill the fields with the variables:
    Call doc.AppendItemValue("Body", strNoteText)
    --> where strNoteText = variable containing the entry in
    the NoteText field of the form. Repeat for each field, to,
    cc, etc.

    3. Send the email
    Call doc.Send(False,SendTo)

    Everything works fine if there are no carriage returns in
    the body of the text. If there are carriage returns, each
    one appears as 2 black bars (I'm assuming one for Chr(13)
    & Chr(10)).

    I've tried using instr to find the location of the Chr(13)
    and replacing strNoteText with:
    A. strXXX & chr(13) & chr(10) in step 2. But the resulting
    note is the same.
    B. strXXX & "@NewLine" & xtrYYY (@NewLine is the
    LotusNotes new line command) but the resulting note
    contains the word @NewLine

    I've also tried passing the text box itself in step 2, but
    the Notes call does not recognize the control. (I don't
    recall the exact message).

    Appreciate any help you can give me.

    cmw, Oct 13, 2003
  4. See whether the text has Chr$(10) rather than Chr$(13). If that doesn't
    work, check if it perhaps has Chr$(10) & Chr$(13).

    Douglas J. Steele, Oct 13, 2003