Windows Vista Email Error No.0x800CCC67

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I've been having serious problems with Windows Mail/Yahoo. I was able to receive email but not send it and kept geting Error No.0x800CCC67.

Whilst searching around for answers I came across a thread here in PCR about a different error number relating to a similar problem of not being able to send email.The writer of the thread had been advised to change the outgoing port from 25 to 587 but had not found this to be of any help whatsoever.

Feeling that I had nothing to lose I also changed from 25 to 587 and now the sending of emails is almost instantaneous. :nod:

I felt it was worth posting this info in case anyone else has the same problem.

Reaction score
0x800CCC67, Vista Error Code, Outlook Error, Windows Mail Error, E-Mail Help

Hello Nivrip/Readers,

It looks like most of you were able to resolve the 0x800CCC67 issue which is good. I had this same error with a client of the company I work for. Usually these e-mail errors are no problem at all to resolve, but I had to do quite a bit of research to resolve it for him. I wrote down my troubleshooting process and other details that I found all over the and compiled them into a single step by step guide that can easily be followed in my blog/knowledge base. Everything that takes me some time to fix for the most part, I write about and share with others and also save myself some trouble if I come across the same thing again. If anyone else read's this, I would invite you to read the tutorial directly at this link: Resolving Vista/XP Mail/Outlook Error 0x800ccc67 By the way, changing to a secondary port is actually one of the steps I listed. It's uncommon that it will actually fix the error, but as you can see the most obvious is not always the answer when troubleshooting. If anyone has any questions or something to add, you can post a comment on the article or reply to this thread. I subscribe to all the threads I post information to and monitor my email every few days or so. Good luck to anyone who may be reading this having this error.

Regards Angela,

Ask a Question