eForce GTX 580 Showdown: ASUS Matrix vs.EVGA Classified

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Legit Reviews have published an article comparing two eForce GTX 580 cards -ASUS Matrix and EVGA Classified.

"After spending several weeks with the ASUS MATRIX GeForce GTX580 Platinum and the EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified 3072MB we quickly discovered that both video cards are outstanding examples of what the engineers at each company can do. Both designs differ greatly from the reference NVIDIA design and that was fine with us as we didn't miss any features of the reference card.

At the beginning of the review we clearly stated that we would declare a clear winner and now that the dust has settled we find two cards that battled each other closely in our testing. Let's try to make sense of everything."

You can read the full review here.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
For reference the Asus card costs £408 and the EVGA card £527.50 at Scan.

In the review it was interesting to see that all the games tested never used more than the 1.5Gb memory on the Asus card which makes me wonder whether the 3Gb fitted to the EVGA card was worthwhile.

As I haven't long owned a 560 I'll wait until the 580's drop in price methinks.

Ask a Question