Edit Pages Button in IE

John Kisha

For some reason the button in IE that would allow me to click on it to
edit the page I am viewing in FrontPage is grayed out. Does anyone know
why? And more importantly, how to I activate this functionality? (Wasn't
sure if this was an FP issue or an IE issue, but thought I'd try here
first.)

Thanks,

John Kisha

Inland Pacific Consulting

http://www.VisitUsAt.com

323-463-8300

Thomas A. Rowe

If it is grayed out, then the remote server is blocking the function.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Steve Easton

Clear your Temporary Internet, Cookie and History files, close and re-open IE and then try.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

For some reason the button in IE that would allow me to click on it to edit the page I am viewing in FrontPage is grayed out. Does anyone know why? And more importantly, how to I activate this functionality? (Wasn't sure if this was an FP issue or an IE issue, but thought I'd try here first.)

Thanks,

John Kisha

Inland Pacific Consulting

http://www.VisitUsAt.com

323-463-8300

John Kisha

What? Delete my Cookies and my history files!!!! :-( Well, I thought I
would start with the least benign and deleted the temporary internet
files, and that did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion. For some
reason I wouldn't have gone in that direction for that particular
problem.

Again, thank you both for your thoughts and help on this.

John Kisha

Inland Pacific Consulting

http://www.VisitUsAt.com

323-463-8300

_____

From: Steve Easton [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Monday, January 10, 2005 2:25 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Edit Pages Button in IE
Subject: Re: Edit Pages Button in IE

Clear your Temporary Internet, Cookie and History files, close and
re-open IE and then try.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

For some reason the button in IE that would allow me to click on it to
edit the page I am viewing in FrontPage is grayed out. Does anyone know
why? And more importantly, how to I activate this functionality? (Wasn't
sure if this was an FP issue or an IE issue, but thought I'd try here
first.)

Thanks,

John Kisha

Inland Pacific Consulting

http://www.VisitUsAt.com

323-463-8300

Steve Easton

Great.

fwiw, I'm one of those people who delete all of the,History, Cookie and Temporary Internet files on every shut down.

;-)

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

What? Delete my Cookies and my history files!!!! L Well, I thought I would start with the least benign and deleted the temporary internet files, and that did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason I wouldn't have gone in that direction for that particular problem.

From: Steve Easton [mailto:[email protected]]
[...]

Tom Pepper Willett

Steve: I'm one of those people who does it several times a day, whether I
shut down or not.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett

From: Steve Easton [mailto:[email protected]]
[...]

Why? Don't you ever need to search back to sites you've researched? Plus
I have tons of sites I visit that having cookies just makes it so much
easier with logons, settings, etc. It would take some dire emergency for
me to delete those files. What is your reasoning?

John Kisha
Inland Pacific Consulting
http://www.VisitUsAt.com
323-463-8300

From: Steve Easton [mailto:[email protected]]
[...]

Because I choose to do so ;-)

Tom
| Why? Don't you ever need to search back to sites you've researched? Plus
| I have tons of sites I visit that having cookies just makes it so much
| easier with logons, settings, etc. It would take some dire emergency for
| me to delete those files. What is your reasoning?
|
| John Kisha
| Inland Pacific Consulting
| http://www.VisitUsAt.com
| 323-463-8300

| |
| For some reason the button in IE that would allow me to click on it
| edit the page I am viewing in FrontPage is grayed out. Does anyone know
| why?
| And more importantly, how to I activate this functionality? (Wasn't sure
| if
| this was an FP issue or an IE issue, but thought I'd try here first.)
|

| Thanks,
|

| John Kisha
|
| Inland Pacific Consulting
|
| http://www.VisitUsAt.com
|
| 323-463-8300

Steve Easton

Re: Edit Pages Button in IEIf I find an interesting site I might want to revisit, I place a shortcut
on the desktop or add it to my favorites folder, which by the way is my "Home" page if I click
the IE icon on the desktop

I never let Windows or the browser manage passwords via cookies.

The main reason I clear the files daily is to eliminate spyware / AdWare and all the junk that slows
down a computer and / or internet connection.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

From: Steve Easton [mailto:[email protected]]
[...]