ebuyer.com problems

Reaction score
I have experienced many, many problems using ebuyer.com. It is a very long story which has eventually concluded satisfactorily but the hassle and effort to achieve this more than offset any savings on price. I believe they are genuine, just severely hampered by an absolutely appalling system and iffy logistics. If you have the patience and like a challenge ...

Reaction score
They're cheap and cheerful, very slow customer service but at those prices what do you expect.

Reaction score
I avoid expectation and that way I'm not disappointed, otherwise I should expect a question mark after a question.

Reaction score
Used them several times so far with no problem... Even bought a Phillips 28" widecscreen TV from them!

I have read horror stories though, and use them only if i can save a substantial amount.

Reaction score
Yeah they had there issues and always will do

Ive had a case where they sent out the wrong product to be 5 times/in end asked customer services since staff cannot
tell difference between silver and black colours can I have a refund... and got it.

My last 3 orders thought id have to say were 10/10 no issues at all they delivered the right products and at right time.
Thats all I want from them and I dont think its too hard to explain.

They should have someone dedicated to checking correct stock/items are despatched before being sent out....
sounds like they may already have !

Sometimes when u get bad service u gotta try other places/thats what I did when I just gave up ebuyer for a year.. went to Ocuk and there just as bad. Went back to ebuyer and all fine so far...

Reaction score
Hi!
If you have a problem with EBuyer, maybe this will help [as I have no problems with them by doing this] First get and Return the item/s when you have the Number telephone them, be nice and explain the error, and believe me they will sort it out in next to no time. this is an example, DVD R-W R+W [Artec] Stopped working after six months posted it back 11/04/05 A REPLACEMENT was at my door today 19/04/05 fitted and working fine now that is good service!
Try it I have been dealing with them for two years, had several replacement components in the same way.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Now here's a thread with an original title :D

e-buyer are crap. Pure, unadulterated crap.

Haha, go on, order stuff from them now, save yourself a fiver, lose 48 hours of your time with them trying to resolve a problem. And suffer sleepless nights.

I love it.

Reaction score
Well i have just ordered a fan from there ... hope i have no problems i will post if i do ! :D

Sorry to hear about y'all problamos :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Now here's a thread with an original title :D

e-buyer are crap. Pure, unadulterated crap.

Haha, go on, order stuff from them now, save yourself a fiver, lose 48 hours of your time with them trying to resolve a problem. And suffer sleepless nights.

I love it.
Like I said BE nice, Some people are just not up to it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
itsme said:
Like I said BE nice, Some people are just not up to it?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D

Listen mate, when it comes to e-buyer I refuse to be nice. Have you seen the countless stories on this Forum where that bunch of shysters have caused endless grief?

All I'm trying to say is, there's a warning on that supplier.

I say this constantly, yet still people come here after they've been stung. Expecting what? Sympathy? A solution?

If it's to issue a warning, then I applaud them.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *bangs head on table*

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D

Listen mate, when it comes to e-buyer I refuse to be nice. Have you seen the countless stories on this Forum where that bunch of shysters have caused endless grief?

All I'm trying to say is, there's a warning on that supplier.

I say this constantly, yet still people come here after they've been stung. Expecting what? Sympathy? A solution?

If it's to issue a warning, then I applaud them.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah *bangs head on table*
Well all I am doing is trying to help but unfortunately there is no way of accomplishing that with some people, and I aint Ebuyer I was just stating a FACT!

This is my first posting and the attitude shown by the first reply is a load of ****e
As for expecting sympathy or solution of which the latter was my intention then it is your problem if you take it the wrong way, and by the way I am not your mate.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It would appear that way wouldn't it?

Methinks you should lighten up a little.
I will tell my husband that Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Reaction score
Just used them for a Belkin surge protector the 5th order with them and no problems at all:)

Reaction score
im replying even longer after it started now buy hey, i ordered 1gb of ram and 250gm external hdd asnd very good delivery, fast, no probs so far

Reaction score
itsme said:
I will tell my husband that Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I did not know that u are of the female variety!

well i must say u got great knowledge about computers if u really are female!

Reaction score
Extremely Poor Customer Service

My issue has not even been resolved and I am not expecting it to be resolve. I do not have more patience to deal with this terrible customer service.
I bought a Toshiba laptop from eBuyer and paid for Windows VistaB. Although Vista came on the computer, it crashed on the first day. The recovery CD I received was Windows XP. I contacted e-buyer. Their attitude was unbelievably rude. I communicated with Kathy Smith from customer services and she forwarded a very rude email from someone which said I should have created a recovery CD and company cannot help. I talked to Toshiba which suggested eBuyer should help or I should complain to ConsumerDirect. I contacted Kathy (at eBuyer) again. She forwarded the issue again to the relevant department and said she would get back asap. Next 2 weeks I waited for reply and sent her six emails looking for reply. She did not even bother replying. Perhaps she was told to totally ignore me. This was the worst customer service situation I have seen. Now dealing with ConsumerDirect. Summary: I just recommend you not to buy from this vendor to avoid a painful experience.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Holy woken up thread batman! :eek:

Since the above posts I will add my two pennorth and say that I have used E-Buyer several times over the last three years and they have been stellar, even to the point of giving me a full cash refund on some faulty memory that was 11 months old at the price I purchased it at, which was considerably more than it was selling for at the time I rma-ed it.

Ask a Question