ebay fake e-mail

Reaction score
Just to warn people about this fake ebay e-mail going around.

found this in my spam box in yahoo.

am not even with ebay at all.

Look out for a fake email like this.

Dear eBay Valued Member
We regret to inform you that your primary telephone number had an error on the eBay Inc. database.

We want your experience on eBay to be safe, profitable, and fun. To ensure this, we ask all members to provide verifiable forms of identification before buying or selling. Providing this information helps to protect all members from potentially fraudulent or negative trading experiences.

We believe that creating an honest, open environment brings out the best in all members of the trading community. You can trade with confidence knowing that other members have been truthful about their identity. We use your phone number for your identification purpose only, it assures us of your identity and keeps eBay a safe place to buy and sell.

To provide us with your primary telephone number, just click the link below, login with your eBay User ID and Password and please fill in the requested information required to validate your primary telephone number:

*link removed for safety reasons*

If the requested information is not provided to us then we will regret to inform you that your account will be suspended from our database until required information is provided.

* Invalid User Information - Our records show that there are some discrepancies with the information that you registered with on our service. Due to this violation your account will be suspended indefinitely from the site until valid information can be provided.*

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

Regards,
Richard W. Smith
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team

eBay Update team

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
you might want to remove the link :thumb:

Done :)

I get one of those, or a variation of, quite often.

Together with offers to sell me fake designer watches and all kinds of medicines from america.

I bounce 'em all straight back with mailwasher, I love that lil freebie proggie.

The Nigerian fraudsters seem to leave me alone though.

What am I? A sick person who doesn't know what time it is?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Had that one as well as all the other weirdo ones that are doing the rounds - I've had banks, building societies, Ebay, worm, virus, trojans etc... at me in recent days and weeks AND guess what???? My AV/AS protecton is good and keeping them all at bay thanks to the good people and their advice on this site.

I am a happy bunny!!

Gabs xx

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
eBay do not send you emails ... they won't even acknowledge the fact that your account has been frozen, deleted, hijacked or any other such nicety ... eBay don't like talking to anyone ... least of all by email.

Yup, your quite safe deleting any eBay email ... get a proper busines eBay

;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I agree with mucks ...!!! .Ebay will only contact you when you sign in...under your messages unless its to inform you in your emails of a winning, non winning bid or question about a item .Delete anything that asks for password,phone number or anything else customer sensitive.

Reaction score
If you’re not on my memory list its goodbye buddy> out you go>>> any unfamiliar emails are deleted forthwith!;) E-bay E-By gum??? :rolleyes:

Ask a Question