Ebay..dying or thriving

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
mmm just sold some stuff on ebay for £285 including postage.

Will cost £12 to post then the fees ....

Ebay setting up costs 47p
Final value £17.33
Paypal (Ebays twin) £9.89

Total = £ 38.68
wallbash.gif

I know its a business and i have a choice but ..was it always this expensive ??

By the way the stuff cost 249.98 to buy and was surplus so i though a bit of profit at that price ..but in reality it has cost me £3.68 :mad:

I think i may have to have a rethink

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have already had a rethink and do not use ebay, too expensive when you consider all the free sites, for selling things.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, it is getting expensive to use - once you take into consideration ebays + paypal fees it takes a good chunk away. There are free alternatives, the only problem is they are tiny in comparison.

I rarely sell on it now - but I've bought a few things recently.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Yeah, it is getting expensive to use - once you take into consideration ebays + paypal fees it takes a good chunk away. There are free alternatives, the only problem is they are tiny in comparison.

I rarely sell on it now - but I've bought a few things recently.

Hi Ian,

What other sites are like Ebay I have heard of Ebid and free ads. Is there a few more?

Thanks,

Wiz

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
My feelings exactly Ian..great to buy ..not good to sell.. The profits been made....now its just a financial earner( shame really) ,but then again "In for the quick kill " and then its gone opening the way for the next "gain machine" someones fat wallet .
The concept for the people was brilliant and opened a way to "Green" your "rubbish" ahh well the government should have stepped in ...missed a glorious chance to really minimise taxes and create a world first recycling country...

next time i will just chuck £20 used stuff in the skip..

who cares ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn that sounds bad I was thinking of selling on there again. The more you sell for the more you lose. That doesn't sound right does it?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could use Moneybookers to collect and send cash on e-bay or anywhere for that matter. EBid is ok but limited, I have only bought from them at the moment.

happywave.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ebay do not like 3rd party anything ( Ebay +Paypal..1st/2nd) and are quick to let you know​
Paypal must be a choice of any listing​

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I bought a thermal tog 24 vest for Aaron ..cost £2.19+ £1.69 postage =£3.79
when it came , the seller included a free M&s white vest .. conclusion

1/ Excellent site
2/ great product
3/ Seller to Buyer communication was great +

4..Ebays fees ...£1.06 .. Your decision !!!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Thats why i always list at 99p starting price, it keeps the fees lower and if something costs me a fiver to post, i put the postage at 6.50. Takes the sting out of the fees.

Currently selling my 8800GT's as the Alpha Dogs are still selling for 70 - 80 and the 8800GTX is selling for 100, gonna get two of them i think.

I sold my TV for 337 and that cost me 24 in fees, but i knew it was only going to local buyers so i delivered for a tenner, ebay can be exspensive but it can work for you.

Reaction score
All very interesting reading from my view, as I’ve just started to sell on eBay.
Made a loss on first item sold, but just wanted to see how it all went & to get good feedback from the buyer.
Got a ton of things to sell for my Mum, mostly collectibles etc.
Oh and may be a full size snooker table if some one wants it - buyer collects though!!!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I dont believe it a 10KG yes 10KG parcel sent via Parcelforce and last tracked as recieved in its Glasgow depot has gone missing and despite numerous emails i have been told its lost for good
wallbash.gif

2` x 2` x 2` and its gone...absolutely unbelievable :mad:

Last edited:

Ask a Question