dynamically adding Outline/paragraph header with "continued" text.

jedale

I have been trying to determine if I can dynamically add header
continued text to the following page if in fact the header's section
spills over to the next page. I found the following post back in 2005
which inquires about the same issue but there is no solution to the
problem (see http://groups.google.com/group/micr...agement/browse_thread/thread/db5e2e4fa99bf492).
I would assume that this would need to be placed in the page header
but am unsure on how exactly to code this into word. I think that
using styleref code is the way to go but I don't know how to determine
if the first styleref Outline/paragraph header is on the previous page
or if it has just started and the top of the current page.

Does anybody know and if this is possible?

Thanks for any and all help,
-Jeff

Peter A

I have been trying to determine if I can dynamically add header
continued text to the following page if in fact the header's section
spills over to the next page. I found the following post back in 2005
which inquires about the same issue but there is no solution to the
problem (see http://groups.google.com/group/micr...agement/browse_thread/thread/db5e2e4fa99bf492).
I would assume that this would need to be placed in the page header
but am unsure on how exactly to code this into word. I think that
using styleref code is the way to go but I don't know how to determine
if the first styleref Outline/paragraph header is on the previous page
or if it has just started and the top of the current page.

Does anybody know and if this is possible?

Thanks for any and all help,
-Jeff

This would be a great feature (for table captions, too) but AFAIK it is
not possible in Word except manually.

Stefan Blom

In the simplest case, if you only need this for one heading level (say for
Heading 1 paragraphs), you can insert a section break between each heading,
enable "Different first page" in the Page Setup dialog box, leave the first
page header empty, and then place a STYLEREF field, followed by the
"(continued)" text, in the main header.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

jedale

Thanks for the responses. As for Stefans message, this would work if
I didn't need you be able to add text within the headers after it is
set up.

How would I contact MS to maybe think about creating a solution for
this in future word versions? So then they would at least know about
the issue.

Thanks again,
Jeff

jedale

Are there any votes out there for this incorporating this ability in
future revs?

-Jeff