DVDRW Issues

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently experiencing problems while trying to write to DVD+RW discs. I have just bought an LG DR7800 dvd recorder to record tv progs but it also has support for divx and xvid files from the internet. Whenever I try to burn to cd using xps wizard, it tells me that there is no writable media in the drive. I am using an NEC nd-1300a to try to write these files but to no avail. DVD+Rs and CD-Rs both work fine but I am yet to try CD-RWs. Am I doing something stoopid or do I have a problem. Oh, and I just upgraded the drive's firmware to from 1.0a to 1.0b

My setup:

Athlon 64 4000+
Abit 8NX
Geforce 6800
2gb crucial ddr400
Win XP Pro fully updated

Cheers in advance

stewyd

(edit: the discs are fine because the dvd recorder writes to them with no probs and the nec nd-1300a supports dvd+rw and dvd-rw. Also, if I get Nero to erase rewritable disc, the progress bar goes across as if it is working but on completion it gives the error "invalid field command")

Last edited:
Reaction score
simple really dont use dvd +rw

because they are rewritable its possible that your recorder will not take them

have u tried to format the disks using windows then try recording with them?

if all fails dont use dvd rw's just get yourself some cheap dvd -R

check out this website

www.cd-rmedia.co.uk

if u join their mailing list u will get some sorta discount, ive always brought their branded 'cd-remedia' cdr's and dvd -r
and so far they have been wonderful only one disk out of 200 might have failed me!

psd99

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
psd99 said:
check out this website

www.cd-rmedia.co.uk

psd99

hmm that website and the one i use www.svp.co.uk look the same are they run by the same people?? wwwsvp.co.uk is imo the best place to buy blank disks great support fast delivery and great prices:D

as psd said dont use the rw stuff it is more expensive and it burs slowly and in your case it dont work

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
hmm that website and the one i use www.svp.co.uk look the same are they run by the same people?? wwwsvp.co.uk is imo the best place to buy blank disks great support fast delivery and great prices:D

as psd said dont use the rw stuff it is more expensive and it burs slowly and in your case it dont work

here ive never seen that site before!

looks good tho

Ask a Question