DVD-RW will not work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Ben, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    I have installed a new DVD and it will not record. any ideas?

    From system info:
    Drive F:
    Description CD-ROM Drive

    Media Loaded No

    Media Type UNKNOWN

    Name Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A ATA Device

    Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)

    Status OK

    Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec

    SCSI Target ID 1

    PNP Device ID
    IDE\CDROMOPTIARC_DVD_RW_AD-7170A_________________1.O4____\5&245C0D70&0&1.1.0

    Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.0.6000.16386, 65.50 KB
    (67,072 bytes), 11/2/2006 4:51 AM)

    Ben, Jul 4, 2007

  2. Ben

    Rob Guest

    Which recording software are you using?

    Rob, Jul 4, 2007

  3. Ben

    Guest Guest

    Ben,

    That problem can sometimes be corrected by following the instructions in the
    following Microsoft KB article here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

    That problem can be caused by some versions of Roxio and/or Nero. However,
    this procedure is a shot in the dark since I don't know the details of your
    situation. The procedure may or may not correct the issue, but it does not
    harm to try it.

    --
    freddy

    Guest, Jul 4, 2007