    no avail. I also bought a DVD cleaner which did nothing. This may sound
    stupid, but both times this happened after watching the same movie a year
    apart. Please Help!

    metochoi, Mar 4, 2008

  2. metochoi

    Paul Guest

    metochoi wrote:
    > This is the case no matter which program I use for play back. It kind of
    > just jostles along. This happened a year ago and the HP woman, if I
    > remember, had me uninstall the driver, which I did again this time, but to
    > no avail. I also bought a DVD cleaner which did nothing. This may sound
    > stupid, but both times this happened after watching the same movie a year
    > apart. Please Help!

    You known the name of the DVD movie title, and should Google it, for information
    such as the following. Some media installs its own software.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 4, 2008

  3. metochoi

    metochoi Guest

    No problems on the internet with this problem and the wiki article while
    interesting seems to refering to Sony DVD's, if I am not mistaken. I also
    downloaded PowerDVD and still had the same problem

    metochoi, Mar 5, 2008
  4. After having the same problem, I DL'ed DVD Fab HD Decripter. COpied the DVD
    to the HD. Watched it and it works perfect. My DVD player is worn out.
    The new one was only $40.00 and the playback errors went away.
    --
    Thanks from New Orleans, enjoy your Gumbo

    New Orleans Novice, Mar 6, 2008
  5. metochoi

    metochoi Guest

    You Rock! Actually I downloaded the program and it asked me if wanted to
    "enable DMA." So I said to myself , "Why not?" and when it restarted it ran
    perfectly. Thanks a billion!!

    metochoi, Mar 6, 2008
  6. metochoi

    Paul Guest

    metochoi wrote:
    > You Rock! Actually I downloaded the program and it asked me if wanted to
    > "enable DMA." So I said to myself , "Why not?" and when it restarted it ran
    > perfectly. Thanks a billion!!

    There is a reason that can happen. If you have a problem in the future,
    the "workaround" section here may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817472

    Paul, Mar 6, 2008