dvd burner issue

Reaction score
A couple of months i was burning dvds quite normally and in excessive quantity. Recently now i am having problems burning them. Even when i insert the original disc and try to initiate copying, the computer pops it out and tells me "insert original disc". I am burning cds quite fine, but it's the dvds that are giving me hell. Anybody please help?:(
wallbash.gif

Reaction score
i have no idea....i suffering from a "duh" complex. All i know is that one day it was working lovely, then the next day it stops. How can i see if the firmware needs updating?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try using the drive in another PC if that is possible to check if it is faulty, along with some new DVD media - that should help you narrow things down if you have access to one :)

Reaction score
would that be safe? it's a standard dell dvd burner. and forget about trying to call them...they are hard to get through

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Try uninstalling , then reinstalling the drivers for it . simple but it might work .
user.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There are NO drivers, per se, for optical drives.

I suspect you have a faulty drive that simply needs replacing ... I had the exact same problem ... that drive has now been replaced. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
k....well....will harrass the boss to hook me up.....after he's done firing people!!!

Reaction score
guess what/////i coulda fix my burner a long while now, but dumb ass me realize that the warranty just expired!!! i waited too late!@!!! **** ME!!!

Reaction score
It Sounds To Me That Somewhere Along The Line A Prior Copy And Burn Was Interrupted In A Way The The Burner Program Was Not Allowed To Wind Down And Reset.it Is Asking For The Volume Label That Was Being Used When This Had Occured So It Can Reset And Be Ready For Another Burn.you Will Need To Find This Volume Label And Insert It Into The Drive When Prompted.maybe You May Have Some Idea Which Disk This Is.
-on The Other Hand I Have Used A Free Burner PROGRAM With Much Success That I Have Downloaded OfF The Internet.cdburnerxp Pro 3.it Will Not Hurt To Have Two Burner Programs Installed On Your Computer.after All This One Is Free.
Maybe With The Burner Program You Are Using It May Be Worth Writing The Volume Labels On The Disk Case.

Last edited:

Ask a Question