Duxford 2009 Flying Legends

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Went to the Duxford "Flying Legends" at the weekend, which was great fun :) The weather was awful to start with (clouds and rain!), but really brightened up by the end of the day for some of the best aircraft.

This was a 100 year old aircraft which we saw in a hangar, but didn't expect to see flying... but it did!

p1020215bzx.jpg

p1020524hxn.jpg

p1020522.jpg

View of the flight line:

p1020308d.jpg

Bex with the bomber crew:

p1020314x.jpg

p1020400jef.jpg

Some Russian Yak aerobatics:

p1020442r.jpg

p1020479g.jpg

The noise from this pair was fantastic:

p1020485k.jpg

Set of WW1 aircraft, including the Red Baron:

p1020585o.jpg

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Brilliant pics Ian..;)

There were some fantastic aircraft there wasn't there, I saw most of them flying overhead at the show as I have to pass Duxford airfield every time I see my girlfriend..she lives in a little village just a couple of miles from Duxford..

Ewan McGregor was at the airfield the week before and flew in one of those P51 Mustangs, he just popped in for a flying visit..:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Lucky Ewan! :D The P51's were great, they had a little display team too but the pics I took of them didn't look too good :blush:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
String , paper and bicycle wheels that 100 year old planes pilot has big kahunnees. The bomber crew look very happy.
:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
The bomber crew look very happy.
:D

I was taking a picture of the plane and they came over and asked if I would be their pin up!! :blush: Ian thought it was hilarious :lol:

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
I was taking a picture of the plane and they came over and asked if I would be their pin up!! :blush: Ian thought it was hilarious :lol:

Bit of a Burlesque look, I could see you painted across the fron of a bomber :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Amazing planes Ian :thumb: that 100 yr old jobbie looks a bit like a flying bike, incredible to think that it can still fly. :nod:

Congrats Bex :D PCR's very own Forces Sweetheart! ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Ian! Didn't realise you would be there!! I went on the Sunday...!! Which one did you go to?

We went on the Sat and then to Norfolk to visit Beckys grandparents for a few days - shame that as it would have been good to go for a pint! :D

Did you get to see the Lancaster on the Sunday, as it wasn't there on the Sat.

Reaction score
Yeah too right!!

Yeah - we saw the Lanc, it was awesome. As was the B17.

Have to say, my favourite bit was standing near the fence and 4 P51's were on taxi, stopped right by us and did their full power test. I have never felt the ground shake so much, and the noise was incredible!

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Brilliant pics Ian..;)

There were some fantastic aircraft there wasn't there, I saw most of them flying overhead at the show as I have to pass Duxford airfield every time I see my girlfriend..she lives in a little village just a couple of miles from Duxford..

Ewan McGregor was at the airfield the week before and flew in one of those P51 Mustangs, he just popped in for a flying visit..:D

Which town is that then Crazylegs? Sawston?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, fantastic pics Chris - really put mine to shame :D

The B17 in flight is fantastic!

Ask a Question