Dunedin Armageddon 2015

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well we just had Armageddon, the one and only con/expo that Dunedin actually has each year in which all of our (very high) population of secret, and not so secret nerds can all come out of our closets, dress up to our hearts content and wander around admiring each others costumes :thumb: I will confess that this was my first time out cosplaying but I loved every second of it :D I went along as Seven of Nine and my Kids were Eridan and Sollux (of Homestuck) on the first day and Pearl and Lion (Steven Universe) on the second. So far I don't have personal copies of the photos Rowan took so I can't up load any here :cry::wall: But if you want to have a look then you can check out my Facebook page (I'm Debbie Pearl on Fb) for a couple I've shared and they're all loaded on my oldest's Facebook page (He's Rowan Stanley) so check them out :nod: The costumes were amazing, the clicker was brilliant and spoke only in clicks all of both days, Rocket racoon made his own costume, gun and Groot completely by hand (I am in awe! Seriously, it was that good) And my children were everything the nerdiest of parents could hope for :bow:

BTW: I decided to not depressingly recount the last couple of years off recovering from an abusive marriage and just jump straight to where I am today as if I'd never been away :eek:
TC, you are amazing, you kept sending me xmas and Birthday cards even though I never replied and every single one of them meant more than I can ever say. I love you to bits. Thank you.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome home! :)

One day, I'm going to go to one of these, err, meets ... I don't think I could go as anything in particular, but I'd ware me Kilt, just to confuse everyone. :eek:

I'm afraid I don't do FB, maybe you can nick a photo or two for the forums. :thumb:

aye TC sends some really great cards ... TC, I do have your address, don't I? :blush:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I tried to download some of Rowan's photos from Fb and upload them here but they were all greyed out when I tried the "upload file" button :( the address for my Fb page is https://www.facebook.com/debbie.pearl1 it's not showing as a link in preview but if you can copy and paste it should take you there and the album is on Rowan's page https://www.facebook.com/Tomo.Potter?pnref=story and is all set to public so you don't need to be a Fb member to see it :) asides from that I'll have to wait until Rowan can get out here with the photos physically which may be a while because their car broke down on the way home from Armageddon on Sunday :(

edit, Just grabbed the link straight to Rowan's album. should've done that before :blush: https://www.facebook.com/Tomo.Potte...1865.1073741831.1031614958&type=1&pnref=story

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Long time no see - welcome back!

I tried to find you on Facebook but there's lots of Debbie Pearls and I couldn't see a NZ location on any of them. I'm Tony Sullivan (Greenwich) if you want to look for me on there.

Good to see you and your kids enjoyed the Armageddon (whatever it is, lol ;) )

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:( Did you try the link up above to Rowan's album? That's public so anyone can see it and there's a link up there to my Fb page as well :) It pulled up Two Tony Sullivans in Greenwich are you the one at Greenwich Audio visual? Let me know & I'll send you a friend request or you can follow the link to my page and friend me :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's great to see you amongst us again Ciri, giving you a welcome-home hug. :D

Glad to hear you and yours enjoyed such a good time at the Dunedin Armageddon, it sounds like it was a lot of fun. :nod: (Have to confess that I still didn't manage to find the piccies, but tbh I'm down with lurgie just now, so not really firing on all cylinders here lol.)

Hope we shall see lots more of you around the Forums, all the very best to you. :thumb:

Ask a Question