Dublin

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Yesterday I came back from Holiday. Myself and a few mates went to Dublin. It was the best 4 days of my life!!!! :)

Had such a good laugh. We arrived there about 22.30 Friday night, and got back about 9ish Yesterday morning.

The first night we got lost and came across a Mc Donalds randomly in the middle of nowhere. Which just happened to be shut, but we managed to walk through the drive through as that was open until 2am :p

I was hoping to keep up with browsing this site on my mobile while I was away, but not at the prices O2 would have charged for Roaming lol.

Wondered if I may have bumped into the Captain at some point ;)

I will upload some pics and post them in the Photo's sections later, or when I can be bothered lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time :D I've never heard of anyone yet that doesn't like Dublin :)

Looking forward to seeing the photos :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good stuff, pleased you all enjoyed yourselves.

Never been myself but I intend to quite soon.

like Ian said, I don't know anybody who's been who hasn't been full of praise for the place.

Reaction score
Sorry Nobod....ya didn't see me....everybody walks through th drive through's over here lol. Some geezers have been known to go through on horses lol.
Dublin is good for stags parties or short breaks but compared to the UK things are quite a bit different.
I would have to say every weekend there are lots of brits about, especially in a place known as Temple Bar. Prices are hiked up there for the tourists and party goers.
Where did you stay...if you can remember lol.:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I stayed in the Ballymun flats in the 70's for a short visit.
nod.gif

Very friendly folk and quite an exciting area of town.
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Ballymun flats was pulled down a few years ago...it was completely run down and full of drugs and now its all new and still being refurbished.

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Sorry Nobod....ya didn't see me....everybody walks through th drive through's over here lol. Some geezers have been known to go through on horses lol.
Dublin is good for stags parties or short breaks but compared to the UK things are quite a bit different.
I would have to say every weekend there are lots of brits about, especially in a place known as Temple Bar. Prices are hiked up there for the tourists and party goers.
Where did you stay...if you can remember lol.:D

Hi Captain,

We did spend a lot of time in Temple Bar. Saturday night we spent in a pub called 'Murry's' (I think it was called that anyway) in the town centre where the 'needle' is. Was really good in there because we ended up just dancing all night :blush: Although I use the term 'dancing' very loosely lol.

We stayed in a Hotel called 'Days Inn' in Park West. Was a nice Hotel, seemed as if it was in the middle of nowhere though lol. ;)

Reaction score
Park West is 15 mins outside the city centre.....that explains the mcdonalds drive thru as well lol.
Yeah i have heard good reports about the days inn......i think it has a very late bar. In fact if you keep drinking, they keep putting them up on the bar for ya.
I'm glad you had a good time. Temple bar is great for a lads or lasses night out. There's a stack of clubs and pubs and restaurants all within walking distance of each.
Also, the needle as you called it is commonly known as the "Spike". Its supposed to have lights on the top of it but the bulbs all need changing and it cost's a stack to get it fixed so as far as i know they haven't been changed in the last 6 or 7 months.It's very high up to go just to change three or four bulbs lol.

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Park West is 15 mins outside the city centre.....that explains the mcdonalds drive thru as well lol.
Yeah i have heard good reports about the days inn......i think it has a very late bar. In fact if you keep drinking, they keep putting them up on the bar for ya.
I'm glad you had a good time. Temple bar is great for a lads or lasses night out. There's a stack of clubs and pubs and restaurants all within walking distance of each.
Also, the needle as you called it is commonly known as the "Spike". Its supposed to have lights on the top of it but the bulbs all need changing and it cost's a stack to get it fixed so as far as i know they haven't been changed in the last 6 or 7 months.It's very high up to go just to change three or four bulbs lol.

Haha. The needle/spike did light up at the top. Looked really good, managed to get a photo of it Saturday night. I think also half way up it lights up. Although I'm not sure.

Park West was quite a random area lol. On the bus journey on the way to the city centre. We saw a young kid riding a donkey in the middle of the road lol.

Ask a Question