Dual Monitor Trouble...

Reaction score
Hey
My System Config is :
P4 3.0 GHZ
512 MB DDR RAM
NVidia GeForce FX 5200

I want to add another monitor as extra work space, but the thing is my GeForce FX 5200 has one output port (5 pins in 3 rows... total of 15 pins) for a monitrr, and an S Video Port.
There is another output port (5 pins in 3 rows... total of 15 pins) on my motherboard, but when i tested it out using the monitor i have, nothing was displayed...
any ideas as to what i should do? thanx!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thats probably an onboard graphics port which became redundant when the fx5200 was installed into your system...

Best thing to do is purchase a new graphics card with dual (two) dsub outputs, they can be found cheap enough on the net, have a search on google i'm sure you'll find what your looking for...:D

Reaction score
I agree with Crazylegs, the second plug your looking at was the onboard and it was disabled to allow the fx5200 to work. Your choices are another video card with dual outputs, or get a converter. Or a converter..... but they are pricey, you'll be more satisfied with better video card.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey no problem Sumir thats what we are here for....Glad we could help...:D

Ask a Question