    have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this
    computer and make it a dual boot?

    JPC

    John Callaway, Nov 1, 2009

  2. John Callaway

    Rich Barry Guest

    Win7 like WinVista should allow for a Dual Boot. So, No Conflict.

    Rich Barry, Nov 2, 2009

  3. John Callaway

    Roy Smith Guest

    John Callaway wrote:
    > I have a new DELL laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 OS. Will I
    > have a conflict with 2 operating systems if I install XP OS on this
    > computer and make it a dual boot?

    Yes you can have Win7 and XP in a dual boot situation. I did it when
    Win7 was in beat and didn't have any problems. Though there's just one
    thing to keep in mind, and will make things a lot easier in the long
    run. Install WinXP first, then Win7. But if you're buying a new pc
    that has Win 7 already installed, then go by this tutorial to dual boot
    with xp and 7.
    http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm

    Although it says it's for Vista, the same steps will apply for Win7.

    Roy Smith, Nov 2, 2009