dual boot WinXP & Win7

Sul@MS

My hard disk is partition into C and D
Intend to install Win7 to D

when removing Win7,
can I simply delete D from C and change the contents of boot.ini in C?

tia

JS

Download and install on the XP EasyBCD edit.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1
Find the option to restore the XP boot.

Additional reading:
Windows Vista: dual boot vista and xp two different hard drives
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=264088&messageID=2583952

How to Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP or Vista
http://lifehacker.com/5126781/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-with-xp-or-vista

Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP/Vista in three easy steps
http://www.techspot.com/guides/143-dual-boot-windows7/

Removing Windows 7 partition - For XP users
http://www.techspot.com/guides/144-removing-windows7/page2.html

John John - MVP

No, I haven't tried Windows 7 but I know for a fact that it does not use
the same boot mechanism as Windows XP, it most probably uses the same
process as Vista and Server 2008. You will have to return the boot
process to ntldr, booting to the XP Recovery Console and issuing the
fixmbr and fixboot commands should do the trick.

John

Sul@MS

thanks for the links

JS said:
Download and install on the XP EasyBCD edit.
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1
Find the option to restore the XP boot.

Additional reading:
Windows Vista: dual boot vista and xp two different hard drives
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=264088&messageID=2583952

How to Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP or Vista
http://lifehacker.com/5126781/how-to-dual-boot-windows-7-with-xp-or-vista

Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP/Vista in three easy steps
http://www.techspot.com/guides/143-dual-boot-windows7/

Removing Windows 7 partition - For XP users
http://www.techspot.com/guides/144-removing-windows7/page2.html

Leythos

My hard disk is partition into C and D
Intend to install Win7 to D

when removing Win7,
can I simply delete D from C and change the contents of boot.ini in C?

tia

You should format your hard drive and start fresh

Leythos

From: Leythos <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: dual boot WinXP & Win7
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:11:51 -0700

My hard disk is partition into C and D
Intend to install Win7 to D

when removing Win7,
can I simply delete D from C and change the contents of boot.ini in C?

tia

You should format your hard drive and start fresh

Abuse complaint filed with astraweb.com