DSL and Fax on same phone line

Bill Burndrett

For four years I had no problem with using my Winfax
Prosoftware to send and receive faxes on the same phone
line with DSL. I recently purchased a new computer with
Windows XP. I immediately started having problems
receiving faxes. I bought a new fax filter, tried to use
Windows Fax, upgraded to a better modem, and still no
solution. I deleted the Winfax and re-installed it after
re-installing the Lucent winmodem. That worked for a
while, then the problem started again.
Also,
I received a Window update notice about the updating the
Lucent modem driver to an Agere modem driver. Hoping
this would be the solution, I downloaded the update, but
get the message that this driver has not passed windows
logo testing to verify compatibility with windows XP.

Please help.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The best advice is to attempt to use XP Fax only if you have a modem that is
listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and using the latest
drivers.

Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
Update suppest an unapproved driver update?

Also, I don't like XP fax.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

For four years I had no problem with using my Winfax
Prosoftware to send and receive faxes on the same phone
line with DSL. I recently purchased a new computer with
Windows XP. I immediately started having problems
receiving faxes. I bought a new fax filter, tried to use
Windows Fax, upgraded to a better modem, and still no
solution. I deleted the Winfax and re-installed it after
re-installing the Lucent winmodem. That worked for a
while, then the problem started again.
Also,
I received a Window update notice about the updating the
Lucent modem driver to an Agere modem driver. Hoping
this would be the solution, I downloaded the update, but
get the message that this driver has not passed windows
logo testing to verify compatibility with windows XP.

Please help.

.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someone else has.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
[...]

Cari \(MS MVP\)

Not yet,but I try hard to avoid all modems! My Tablet has one, but it's
never been used.

sama

Russ said:
*Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someon
else has.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
Update suppest an unapproved driver update?

Also, I don't like XP fax.

have a modem that is
using the latest
wrote in message
with
use
after
the
but
windows

-
sam

Victor D.

My Lucent Winmodem works with no problems with my XP fax. Guess I'm
lucky...

sama said:
*Well, I guess you're not missing anything after all, then.
I have yet to see a winmodem that works with XP Fax. Maybe someone
else has.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Russ, the Lucent winmodem came with the computer. It was
listed on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List.
Windows update invited me to update the modem driver.
The Lucent driver update from Windows update is from
Agere, but the update is not listed. why would Windows
Update suppest an unapproved driver update?

Also, I don't like XP fax.

have a modem that is
using the latest
wrote in message