dropping network connection

T

teachelr

I have 27 machines that are networked to a 2003 server,
and very randomly I am loosing the network connection and
it is also disappearing from the My Network places. I
have go add a network place (and it makes it number 2)
and add all my numbers again. We use static IP numbers.
This has happened to 3 machines in the lab. does anyone
have any suggestions?

G

I wish I could help but I'm in a similar situation. I'm using Windows 2000 domain controllers and connecting with XP, 2000, and 98se clients. Typically, upon executing the login script, my network shares become visible and accessible. Often, the mappings are disappearing from many of my XP clients after only a few minutes. The rights are still intact as they are still accessible but i just can't see them any more. I don't know if this is a contributing factor but it seems to be happening only on my XP lab machines that are in a child domain. XP clients logging in to the parent domain don't seem to be having any problems. MOST of these machines are using Intel's Pro 1000 N.I.C. and I only bring that up because we didn't seem to have this problem prior to using this N.I.C. (we were using 3com 9xx almost exclusively). Unfortunately, i think this is merely a coincidence because we had little or no problem with this NIC when running Windows 2000 on the same machines giving us so many headaches now. It seems to be the introduction of Win XP Pro to the equation that has us a little screwed up. I'm just hoping the extra details might help someone come up with an answer because my whole department is taking a lot of heat for this and we have made a huge effort to address this problem with no success.
Thanks

----- teachelr wrote: ----

I have 27 machines that are networked to a 2003 server,
and very randomly I am loosing the network connection and
it is also disappearing from the My Network places. I
have go add a network place (and it makes it number 2)
and add all my numbers again. We use static IP numbers.
This has happened to 3 machines in the lab. does anyone
have any suggestions?

Ask a Question