DRM problem

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm posting this here because I can't see a forum dedicated to digital music. Can any of you help me?

My hard drive crashed (major registry corruption... long story) and I had to do a re-install. Never mind losing my whole setup and config, but when I've gone to play some tracks I downloaded, it tells me the license has already been allocated to another computer.

Some of the stuff I had already backed up by burning to CD as MP3, which loses the DRM, but most of it alas, I haven't. Still awaiting a reply from the music vendor after 2 days.

Anybody know how to crack the DRM and let me free up the tracks that I've paid for and now can't play?

Thanks,
Jock

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi BigJock - its been a while :)

Obviously we can't talk here about cracking DRM etc - as that would be very naughty :eek:

I would imagine you will have to wait for a reply from the vendor, or maybe try googling for a solution ;)

Reaction score
I tried to burn it the rip it back, but basically you just can't do anything with the file with Windows MP. I've tried a couple of net freebies, but again they will only rip if the DRM license is intact.

I was also told that my ISP had been logged.... Oh no, in court for trying to use something I'd already paid for.

Stuff like this is why DRM will never work, and people will just always copy stuff. Everyone's a criminal because Sony and the rest of them are only making 500 billion this year instead of 501 billion.

Ask a Question