    hard drive magically redesignated from D: to G: Don't have a clue how that
    happened. I used Computer Maintenance to change the drive letter back to D:.

    Any thoughts on this one? Motherboard failure?

    Guest, Feb 5, 2005

    Rock Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > XP no longer can read any of my peripheral drives ( A:, CD-ROM, DVD, Jump
    > Drives, Card Reader) They are listed when I go to My Computer. When
    > accessed I get: "Drive is not Accessible. Incorrect Function" . When I go
    > to Cotrol Panel, System, Device Manager there are NO yellow circles. I click
    > on the categories and all drives are listed by make/model and the message
    > says they are functioning properly. Had an earlier issue of having my second
    > hard drive magically redesignated from D: to G: Don't have a clue how that
    > happened. I used Computer Maintenance to change the drive letter back to D:.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this one? Motherboard failure?

    "Incorrect function" error message when you access the CD-ROM drive, the
    DVD-ROM drive, or the CD-RW drive
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315350

    How to troubleshoot issues that occur when you write data to a CD-R or
    CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129

    Rock, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Chris

    Anything here which helps?
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Gerry Cornell, Feb 5, 2005

    Bob Eyster Guest

    Try removing the devices from the device manager and reboot your computer.
    On reboot the devices will be reinstalled.

    try the above if all else fails.

    Bob Eyster

    Bob Eyster, Feb 5, 2005