driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Mike

i continue to get this error message evrytime I try
installing GRAND THEFT AUTO. how do i fix this?

Jimmy S.

Hi Mike,

Usually that indicates a problem with your RAM or your
system page file. Here's some ideas you should try...

Test your RAM using: http://www.memtest86.com/memt30.zip
after you extract that zip file, click on the README.txt file for the
instructions on how to create the boot floppy to test your RAM.

* Allow Windows to control your pagefile at a "system managed size".
Be sure there's enough space for the pagefile size to = 1.5 * your RAM
Bonus Tip: Set the pagefile to it's own partition or hard drive if possible.

Perhaps the existing page file is at fault? It's good practice to refresh the
page file once in awhile by building a new one. Use these steps:

1. In Control Panel / System / Advanced / click the Performance
"Settings..." button which open the "Performance Options" box.

2. Click the "Advanced" tab and then the "Change..." button.

3. Scroll through the list, click on any line that has a value listed in
the "Paging File Size" column, click the "No paging file" choice,
and then click the "Set" button for the page file to be cleared.

4. After completing step 3 for each entry, click OK 3 times to exit.

5. Restart the computer, hold down F8 to startup in Safe Mode.

6. Delete each pagefile.sys you find on your drive's partitions.

7. Repeat steps 1+2, and click the "System managed size" choice.

8. Click the "Set" button, click OK 3 times, and restart the system.

9. For advanced options visit: http://www.aumha.org/a/xpvm.htm

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| i continue to get this error message evrytime I try
| installing GRAND THEFT AUTO. how do i fix this?

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)