    installed.Contact your system administrator" and DOSNT give me the option to
    'install anaway' even though I AM the system administrator!

    Windows support cant help me with a work around, can anybody else?

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

    If you haven't already done so, try getting the latest drivers from the
    D-Link website (http://support.dlink.com/downloads). My friend had a D-Link
    wireless adapter that did the same thing and getting the new drivers fixed
    it. If that still doesn't work, you might want to post your question on the
    TechIMO forum (http://www.techimo.com/forum/index.php), a lot of good help
    there. Good luck.

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

    RE: Driver wont install "Has not passed Windows logo testing"?!?!?

    Are you running Win XP Pro? Did somebody alter the group policy settings?

    Open gpedit.msc (Start>Run>gpedit.msc), in there there somewhere there is a
    setting for Digitally Signed and Tested Drivers and the appropriat action.
    The default value should be "Warn but allow installation".

    BMR777

    Guest, Dec 29, 2004

    scotty Guest

    Hi

    Go into My Computer properties and select the hardware tab. Click Driver
    Signing and either click Igore or Warn not Block.

    scotty, Dec 29, 2004

    Re: Driver wont install "Has not passed Windows logo testing"?!?!?

    Does this also apply to installing modems for instance a motorola phone
    modem? I am desperate to know since I keep getting that message and
    additionally it warns that the system may not work properly if I install

    Guest, Jan 3, 2007

    Re: Driver wont install "Has not passed Windows logo testing"?!?!?

    Ok ignore what I wrote initially since I was able to do a 'workaround' as was
    suggested and it worked. Thanks again

    Guest, Jan 3, 2007
  7. Re: Driver wont install "Has not passed Windows logo testing"?!?!?

    On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:38:01 -0800, smiles
    <> wrote:

    >Does this also apply to installing modems for instance a motorola phone
    >modem? I am desperate to know since I keep getting that message and
    >additionally it warns that the system may not work properly if I install

    That's just Microsoft trying to get companies to pay for
    certification. Uncertified drivers can perfectly well work and
    certified ones sometimes still have bugs.

    Loren Pechtel, Jan 4, 2007