Driver for HP 6300 Scanner

VINAY DALMIA

We have a HP 6300 Scanner which we want to install in VISTA. HP is not
supporting driver for this . Is there any Solution?

Bob Knowlden

You could try a 3rd party scanning utility:

http://www.hamrick.com/index.html

It is available for a free trial, so you won't need to buy it to see if it
works.

I haven't used it myself, but Vuescan seems to be well regarded.

Return address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

John

Try the XP drivers. Set the install.exe properties to XPCompatibility mode.
If there are any resulting exe files, do the same. And run as admin. You may
get lucky

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for your post as well as to John for the information sharing.

I have checked HP web site and find the following information regarding HP
6300 scanner:

<http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01123715&lc=en&cc=us&d
lc=en&product=60104>

"We are sorry to inform you that there will be no Windows Vista support
available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work with
Windows Vista.
If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer,
please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is supported on
Windows Vista. HP has numerous products on the market that support Windows
Vista."

It seems HP 6300 scanner is not officially supported in Vista.
Therefore, you could try John's suggestion to install other drivers for old
Windows OS or upgrade your HP product.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,