Downloading old version of APC Powerchute for XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Swifty, Jul 5, 2008.

  1. Swifty

    Swifty Guest

    Does anyone have a copy of APC's Powerchute Personal Edition that
    supports the serial cable model SMART-UPS 1000?

    The downloads from APC's website fall into three categories:

    1. Work, but not after rebooting (Business Edition 2.0)
    2. Won't install on XP
    3. Only support USB ports

    I installed the Business Edition out of desperation, but it was serious
    overkill. When the GUI ceased connecting to the server (after my next
    reboot) I un-installed it. I suspect it was Powerchute that led to my
    system stalling, the cause of my reboot.

    --
    Steve Swift
    http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

    Swifty, Jul 5, 2008