Download Problems

Gerrie Collis

I can't seem to download anything since upgrading to Vista. The download
goes as usual, but when it finishes the window disappears and nothing else
happens. I search on my computer but can't find any hint of the download.
I've tried turning off my firewall and windows defender. I've also changed
setting in IE7, no luck. Help!

Gerrie

Dustin Harper

It should be in C:\Users\YourName\Downloads. Unless you have a specified
someplace else for it.

Do you open or save it? Also, in Vista, there is a Downloads folder in
Windows Explorer. It might be saved there!

I have been having the same problems with not being able to find downloads.
I've tried the suggestions. There's nothing under my name in the downloads
file. One file went to "temporary folder" but I've searched for temporary
folder and can't find it. This is a laptop that I've had for 3 days that I've
put very little on and I'm having a hard time with many things. I have IE7.0
on another laptop with XP so I'm assuming the troubles are with Vista.
Picture files that I click open for go thru the motions but don't actually
open. Clicking save does't help can't find those either.

Tom Willett

What happens to you too?

<chrisluke> wrote in message | .... all i am left with is a minimised window and and ongoing connection!
Its driving me mad!

| EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Richard Urban

Every darn post that migrates here from eggheadcafe.com is like that. They
mostly all hijack another's thread. They are not smart enough to start their
own thread and post their exact problems.

I really wish that these posts could be blocked somehow.

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

Tom Willett

They think it's a forum, and don't realize it's a usenet newsgroup.

Tom
| Every darn post that migrates here from eggheadcafe.com is like that. They
| mostly all hijack another's thread. They are not smart enough to start
their
| own thread and post their exact problems.
|
| I really wish that these posts could be blocked somehow.
|
| --
|

| Regards,
|
| Richard Urban MVP
| Microsoft Windows Shell/User
|

| | > What happens to you too?
| >
| > <chrisluke> wrote in message | > | .... all i am left with is a minimised window and and ongoing
| > connection!
| > Its driving me mad!
| > |