Double click in Explorer

Markus Eckelt

Hi,
how do I get my "Folders"-Explorer Bar to behave the same way it did under
Windows 2000? What I mean is that if you click on a folder, the files get
shown on the right side but the subfolder do NOT get opened. Only
double-clicking will show the subfolders on the left and a "slow" double
click will rename the folder.

Tried to google it but didn't find anything usefull.

Thanks in advance
Markus Eckelt

David Candy

Turn off Simple Folder View in Explorer's Options. A single click renames a selected item.

Markus Eckelt

Thank you!

Can you believe it, I know the Win2k options menue by heart but missed this
one in XP.

Kind regards
Markus