dos program under windows-xp

Eitan M

Hello,
Where can I declare the paramaters for config.sys on dos files, running on
windows-xp ?

(Where is the config.sys in windows-xp, or what can I do instead ?)

Thanks :)

Wesley Vogel

Windows XP uses Config.nt and Autoexec.nt, not Config.sys or Autoexec.bat.

If you have a Config.sys or Autoexec.bat file XP will (mostly) ignore them.
Nothing in Config.sys will have any effect. Any line in Autoexec.bat that
launches a program or changes a directory will be ignored; the only lines in
Autoexec.bat that Windows XP will read are the lines that begin SET or PATH.
If ParseAutoexec is set to 1.

Type: MS-DOS subsystem commands in Help and Support and click the arrow.

[[The MS-DOS subsystem ignores many of these commands, such as buffers and
break, because the MS-DOS subsystem works without them. They are accepted
for compatibility only.]]
From...
XP Help and Support
and
MS-DOS subsystem commands
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/dos_cmds.mspx

Troubleshooting MS-DOS-based programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314106

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Eitan,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

At this moment, I would like to appreciate Wesley's great and detailed
information. Eitan, please refer to Wesley's information. I believe that is
helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support