Don't write your Password in the User field on a fresh Vista insta

This is a huge mistake! On a fresh Vista INSTALL, I accidently wrote my
password into the User Name field for my Admin-account (leaving the password
field blank)

I could, of course, rename my admin profile, and I did. But it doesn't
change the folder of c:\users\(and here is my password, still!)

And when I took a spyware check (ad-aware), my password is in every
"cookie"! It's a disaster, because when "password" gets written in the "user
name" field, suddenly it's like everybody can get your hands on it.

I changed my passwords, of course. Didn't want to re-install Vista, and
there's no way I can undo this accident, I guess?

But if there is, someone might have a solution? I find it all both a bit
embarassing and amusing, though... :)

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
You may want to create a new user account and use that one instead, then
delete the old user account which contains your password.
Renaming the account only changes the display name, not the folder
structure that is already on the drive.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?U3lsdmVzdGVy?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Don't write your Password in the User field on a fresh Vista
insta
|>Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:56:02 -0700
|>Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords