Documents menu

JS

Is it possible to 'hijack' the Documents menu? What I mean is, I'd like
to use the MRU Documents menu for my own static shortcuts. I tried the
obvious, which is disabling the MRU docs feature and then putting my own
shortcuts in %homepath%\Recent but nothing displayed on the menu.

Anybody have any ideas?

Don Varnau

Hi,
A google search found this:
Windows Tips: Take Charge of Your Runaway Start Menu
Documents Menu, Take 2
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/1,aid,73848,pg,2,00.asp
and this
Windows Tips: A Better Start for Your Documents Menu
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,57987,00.asp

Or, as part of my "cleanup minute" each night, I delete about half of the
shortcuts from the Recent folder and leave the ones I'm most likely to use
again.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]