1- Administrator
2- Administrator.Jeralyn
3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
5-All Users
6- (faded color) Default User
7-Guest
8-Owner
9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )

I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup and
typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina never shows on my login screen ?
I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...

what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?

thanks for any help

Tina

Tina

thankyou Anando for your reply, however I am the only user on this machine.
During setup I messed up and typed Tina as a user name, which has never been
on the startup screen but a folder named Tina is in the doc/settings list ?
I log on as Jeralyn Administrator only. Just that my current info and web
stuff goes into this Tina folder ?
maybe best left alone but bothers me that all these folders are there.

thanks so much
Tina

jopa66

In Control Panel > User Accounts you can delete the extra profiles. You can
re-name your working profile to "Tina" if that helps. OTH create a new
working profile. You would then need to set this up from scratch re:
desktop, start menu, personal files in My Documents etc. Maybe more trouble
than it's worth.

a nonymous

| I am the only user on this machine.
| During setup I messed up and typed Tina as a user name, which has never been
| on the startup screen but a folder named Tina is in the doc/settings list ?
| I log on as Jeralyn Administrator only. Just that my current info and web
| stuff goes into this Tina folder ?
| maybe best left alone but bothers me that all these folders are there.

| >> under this folder document settings...
| >> I have 9 user accounts ?
| >> 1- Administrator
| >> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
| >> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
| >> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
| >> 5-All Users
| >> 6- (faded color) Default User
| >> 7-Guest
| >> 8-Owner
| >> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )
|
| >> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when new I messed up the setup and
| >> typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina never shows on my login screen
| >> ? I log in under Jeralyn Administrator...
|
| >> what folders if any can i delete ? Which folders are there by default ?

Tina,

To make Tina show on your login screen:

TweakUI for XP (v2.10)
Logon
[Y] Show "Tina" on Welcome screen

lforbes

--
~john aka: jopa

Tina said:
thankyou Anando for your reply, however I am the only user on this
machine. During setup I messed up and typed Tina as a user name, which has
never been on the startup screen but a folder named Tina is in the
doc/settings list ?
I log on as Jeralyn Administrator only. Just that my current info and web
stuff goes into this Tina folder ?
maybe best left alone but bothers me that all these folders are there.

thanks so much
Tina

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
 >> Hi Tina,
 >>
 >> Your best bet would be not to delete any folders
under documents and
 >> settings. That folder hierarchy holds critical
profile information for
 >> your and other user profiles and is best to leave it
alone.

 >> --
 >>
 >> Anando
 >> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
 >> Microsoft Certified Professional
 >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
 >> http://www.mvps.org
 >>
 >> Folder customizations
 >> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
 >>
 >> Protect your PC!
 >> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
 >>
 >>
 >> "Tina" <[email protected]> wrote in message
 >>   >>> under this folder document settings...
  >>> I have 9 user accounts ?
  >>> 1- Administrator
  >>> 2- Administrator.Jeralyn
  >>> 3- Administrator.Jeralyn.000
  >>> 4-Administrator.Jeralyn.001
  >>> 5-All Users
  >>> 6- (faded color) Default User
  >>> 7-Guest
  >>> 8-Owner
  >>> 9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder
with all my stuff )

  >>> I'm running XP Home.. when i first ran when
new I messed up the setup
  >>> and typed in the name Tina for a user but Tina
never shows on my login
  >>> screen ? I log in under Jeralyn
Administrator...

  >>> what folders if any can i delete ? Which
folders are there by default ?

  >>> thanks for any help
  >>>
  >>> Tina

Hi,

The stuff in Documents and Settings is your profile stuff. The thing
is IF you change your name in XP. eg. from Tina to Jeryaln the Folder
in Documents and Settings DOESN’T Change. That is why the "Tina"
folder contains all your stuff.

It looks like your Workgroup is also called Jeryaln. The
Administrator,
Administrator.Jeralyn, Administrator.Jeralyn.000, and
Administrator.Jeralyn.001 are all copies of the same folder which is
the Administrator settings folder.

This is NOT your stuff but the local hidden administrator account and
profile that gets created automatically when you install XP. Make
sure there is a user.dat in the Administrator folder and then you can
safely delete only the Administrator.Jeralyn,
Administrator.Jeralyn.000, and Administrator.Jeralyn.001 as long as
you check to make sure there is nothing in there of yours. Keep the
Administrator folder and all the others as they are needed by XP.

5-All Users
6- (faded color) Default User
7-Guest
8-Owner
9-tina ( which seems to be a working folder with all my stuff )

Cheers,

Lara