DLLs in /bin do not load

nfedin

I have a web app that I have written on a test server. I have written
my own classes and compiled them in several DLL files, which are
located in the /bin directory.

I am now trying to move the project to a production server. I have
copied all the files from the test server to the production server and
set up the directory as an Application with IIS. When I open my first
page, I get a compilation error when it tries to create on of my
custom classes in the DLL.

It is acting like it didn't even load the DLLs into memory. Is there a
setup issue I am having here or would it be a coding problem.

Thanks for the help,

Neil

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

what exactly is the error? do you have all your dependency dll's in the bin
as well. all dll's on your test box bin directory must be in your
production bin

nfedin

I have actually figured out the problem. IIS had multiple websites
set up. Web1 is the default website and Web2 is a full website, but
the directory structure is inside Web1. I created the Web App in IIS
Manager inside Web2. The problem was when I was trying to view the
web application. I was using the web address
http://web1/web2/program. I needed to use the URL
http://web2/program. Because I had registered the web app in Web2, I
could only run the app (and load the DLLs in /bin) using the Web 2
URL. Thanks trying to help.

Neil

Alvin Bruney said:
what exactly is the error? do you have all your dependency dll's in the bin
as well. all dll's on your test box bin directory must be in your
production bin

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b
nfedin said:
I have a web app that I have written on a test server. I have written
my own classes and compiled them in several DLL files, which are
located in the /bin directory.

I am now trying to move the project to a production server. I have
copied all the files from the test server to the production server and
set up the directory as an Application with IIS. When I open my first
page, I get a compilation error when it tries to create on of my
custom classes in the DLL.

It is acting like it didn't even load the DLLs into memory. Is there a
setup issue I am having here or would it be a coding problem.

Thanks for the help,

Neil

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

thanks for posting the solution, this may help someone down the road

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Got tidbits? Get it here...
http://tinyurl.com/3he3b