    Dual 12" Blue CCFL
    Blue LED fans
    "Cheap and very cheerful"

    Veritech, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Veritech

    kony Guest

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:18:20 GMT, "Veritech"
    <> wrote:

    >I wanted to buy a USB bluetooth adapter, and hook it up inside my computer
    >case(via the internal usb ports, using a pci bracket header), on the
    >opposite side of the motherboard tray. I was just wondering if this may
    >cause any interference with any of the other components in my system.
    >
    >Thanks

    No but there's a good chance it'll interfere with the
    performance of the bluetooth, which should be as far away
    from metal as realistically possible.

    kony, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Veritech

    Jerry G. Guest

    The Bluetooth would perform better when outside of the PC case. A metal
    computer case will attenuate its output a little, thus decreasing its range.

    I found that the Bluetooth can make some interference on celliar, and 2.4
    GHz phones, when in close proximity to it. I have not seen it do any other
    types of interference.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "Veritech" <> wrote in message
    I wanted to buy a USB bluetooth adapter, and hook it up inside my computer
    case(via the internal usb ports, using a pci bracket header), on the
    opposite side of the motherboard tray. I was just wondering if this may
    cause any interference with any of the other components in my system.

    Thanks

    --
    "Blu-Ray"
    2600+Sempron (O/C @1.924Ghz)

    Jerry G., Mar 9, 2005
  4. On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:18:20 GMT, "Veritech"
    <> wrote :

    >I wanted to buy a USB bluetooth adapter, and hook it up inside my computer
    >case(via the internal usb ports, using a pci bracket header), on the
    >opposite side of the motherboard tray. I was just wondering if this may
    >cause any interference with any of the other components in my system.

    I don't think that's a very good idea: with a desktop there is no real
    disadvantage to having the adapter external, and considerable benefits
    in antenna performance. Enclosed inside a steel case, the signal may
    not even reach your bluetooth mouse!

    I do use an internal bluetooth adapter in my laptop, but it is
    purpose-built and uses antennas built into the screen housing.

    --
    Regards,
    Peter Wilkins

    Peter Wilkins, Mar 10, 2005
  5. Veritech

    Veritech Guest

    Thanks for all the replys

    I think i'm gonna give it try, i got a couple of places that i want to try
    out
    including behind the empty drive bays with should eliminate the
    interference from the steel case.

    I move my case around alot and it would be nice if that(adapter) was one
    less thing to worry about, thought about pcmcia bluetooth card but at £70
    without the pci adapter i don't like that idea.

    Thanks again

    Veritech, Mar 10, 2005
  6. On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:09:06 GMT, "Veritech"
    <> wrote :

    >Thanks for all the replys
    >
    >I think i'm gonna give it try, i got a couple of places that i want to try
    >out including behind the empty drive bays with should eliminate the
    >interference from the steel case.

    It wasn't interference I was concerned about - it was the ability of
    the radio signal to get out of the steel box. Behind an empty drive
    slot could be a good spot, if there is the usual plastic cover over
    the hole, it will let the signal get out.

    >I move my case around alot and it would be nice if that(adapter) was one
    >less thing to worry about, thought about pcmcia bluetooth card but at £70
    >without the pci adapter i don't like that idea.

    Yeah, but the adapters are pretty small, and just plug into a USB
    port, no real problem at all. I've got a spare one that came with my
    MS bluetooth mouse that I didn't need coz I had bluetooth built-in,
    and it's only a couple of cm long and a bit wider than the USB socket,
    and needs no external PSU.

    Anyway, best of luck - it's always fun to try something new.
    --
    Regards,
    Peter Wilkins

    Peter Wilkins, Mar 11, 2005
  7. Veritech

    kony Guest

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:06:03 +1100, Peter Wilkins
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:09:06 GMT, "Veritech"
    ><> wrote :
    >
    >>Thanks for all the replys
    >>
    >>I think i'm gonna give it try, i got a couple of places that i want to try
    >>out including behind the empty drive bays with should eliminate the
    >>interference from the steel case.

    >It wasn't interference I was concerned about - it was the ability of
    >the radio signal to get out of the steel box. Behind an empty drive
    >slot could be a good spot, if there is the usual plastic cover over
    >the hole, it will let the signal get out.

    It's not merely a matter of letting the signal get out, but
    of signal strength. Signal strength might be sub-optimal
    even if the device were locationed in best possible place,
    but recessing it inside a metal housing is asking for
    trouble.

    >>I move my case around alot and it would be nice if that(adapter) was one
    >>less thing to worry about, thought about pcmcia bluetooth card but at £70
    >>without the pci adapter i don't like that idea.

    >Yeah, but the adapters are pretty small, and just plug into a USB
    >port, no real problem at all. I've got a spare one that came with my
    >MS bluetooth mouse that I didn't need coz I had bluetooth built-in,
    >and it's only a couple of cm long and a bit wider than the USB socket,
    >and needs no external PSU.

    They often work best when connected to a USB extension cord.

    kony, Mar 11, 2005