<DIV> color

frontpage

I have this tag in my site
left:-2px; top:127px" id="bluebar">
Is it possible to assign a background color to this? I have tried
backgroud-color in several places with no luck. I am new to the <DIV> tag, i
have always used tables so am not sure if i can even do it.
Or, after writing that do i need to put a 1 cell table in it and
background-color it?
thanks,
Jeff

Murray

Yes - you can do that in two ways, inline and in a stylesheet.

Either way, you would use the style -

background:blue;

so your inline code would be -

left:-2px; top:127px; background-color:blue;" id="bluebar">

and your stylesheet code would be -

#bluebar { background-color:blue; }

(obviously you would replace the color name 'blue' with whichever color you
want, and with hex or RGB values, as desired)

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP-MVP]

In layer properties, select Borders and Shading on the shading tab
select the wanted background color.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: <DIV> color
Subject: <DIV> color

I have this tag in my site
3; left:-2px; top:127px" id="bluebar"> </div> Is it possible to assign a